I’ve attended Columbus State in the past
Welcome back to Columbus State!
Good news, when you have already submitted an application for admission in the past, there is no need to re-apply! We will have your information on file already.
You may need to update your Columbus State record to reflect any changes in your name, address, phone number, immigration status, or program of study.
Follow the steps below to continue toward your desired goals.
Getting back to college
Update your username and password.
Check your Columbus State email.
Check and update your personal information in your General Student Profile:
- Online: Login to CougarWeb to update your address, phone number and email address.
- By phone: Call the Telephone Information Center at 614-287-5353 to update your address, phone number, major, and selective service number.
Apply for financial aid, scholarships, and additional services:
- File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Contact or chat live with the Financial Aid office
- Apply for Scholarships
Apply or register for other services
Create a plan to achieve your goals!
- Are you a returning student (you’ve been away for one or more semesters) and continuing with the same major? Please work with your assigned advising department for your current major.
- Are you considering a change of major as you return to Columbus State after stopping out for a semester or more? An alternative can be call 614-287-5353 or connect with Student Central to update your major. If you are still undecided about your major, but know your general area of interest, advisors can help. Find areas of interest at cscc.edu.
College Credit Plus Students
If you have taken classes through the College Credit Plus program and would like to continue on as a traditional student at Columbus State, you do NOT need to reapply to Columbus State. Please click on the instructions below on transitioning from college credit plus
Instructions on transitioning from high school College Credit Plus/Dual Enrollment