Get Ready for Summer Semester!
Registration is open now for Summer Semester! Summer classes start Monday, May 30.
Jump to: Register for Spring | Key Dates | Paying for College | New Students | Transient Students
Register for Summer
Summer Semester classes will start on May 30! You can view our spring courses now through CougarWeb:
SUMMER COURSE SEARCH | Need help registering? Visit Register for Classes
Scholarship applications are open - apply by March 15. Find Scholarships
Academic Advising: Make sure you're on track. Talk to your Advisor to help choose the classes you need to stay on track to graduate. Find Your Advisor.
Online and In-Person Classes: This Summer, Columbus State is offering a variety of online classes, in-person classes, and "blended" classes that include in-class instruction and online assignments. Use this Guide to In-Person, Web and Blended Class Types to ensure you're in the right class.
Books: Find your textbooks at the Bookstore Website.
- Registration Opens: Monday, Feb. 20!
- Scholarship Deadline: March 15
- Priority FAFSA Deadline: April 14
- Fee Payment Deadline: May 24
- Classes Begin: May 30
In addition to our 16-week courses, you'll find options for 8-week and 5-week classes. See the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
Short-term classes contain the same content as full-term classes, so you don't miss a thing! Condensing the information into a shorter term means more material will be covered each week.
Enrolled at another college? Take classes at Columbus State this summer.
Many students found their educational plans disrupted due to the coronavirus pandemic. We're here to help you pick up where you left off and keep moving toward your degree.
If you attend another school, you can enroll in classes as a transient student at Columbus State, and earn credit that easily transfers back to your home institution. Use our streamlined process to apply and register as a transient student.
New to Columbus State?
Welcome! You’ve chosen a smart path to advance your education and career.
- Follow the Get Started Guide to apply to Columbus State.
- Contact Admissions to make sure you have completed all the steps needed to be in “Ready to Register” status.
- Have you already been accepted, and you're looking for the next steps? Attend New Student Workshop or meet with New Student Advising to schedule classes.
Paying for College
With the lowest tuition in the region, Columbus State is an affordable, high-quality choice for all students. About 75% of our students take on zero debt in a year! Here are three tips to get that debt-free degree.
- Fill Out Your FAFSA: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is your key to a variety of student aid programs, including grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study. For many students, the aid they get from the FAFSA will completely cover a year at Columbus State. Apply for Financial Aid
- Scholarships: Don't forget scholarships! Every year, thousands of dollars in scholarships go unclaimed. Find specialized scholarships for students studying STEM, manufacturing, or IT. Or look through our Scholarship Application Portal for the scholarship that best fits you. Find Scholarships
- Save Money with Transfer Programs: You can complete a two-year associate degree at Columbus State, then apply it toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year college. Two years with our low tuition gets you closer to that debt-free degree. Transfer Degrees