For Autumn 2022 semester, Accessibility Services will offer the following hours (for non-testing related services):
In-Person & Virtual Services
Mondays & Tuesdays - 8:00am-5:00pm
Wednesdays - 8:00am-7:00pm
Thursdays - 8:00am-5:00pm
Fridays - 10:00am-4:30pm
Last Saturday of the month - 9:00am-12:00noon
To request an appointment, please utilize our AS Appointment Request Form.
Columbus State Community College offers a wide range of support to encourage the enrollment of people with disabilities. Located in Eibling Hall 101, the Accessibility Services office provides services to qualified students with disabilities for all Columbus State locations.
Connect with us via phone (614-287-2570) or email (email@example.com) for additional information.
Employee accommodation requests should be directed to the ADA Program Coordinator, Michael Hicks.
Accessibility Services Quick Reference
Step 1: Obtain disability documentation
Common forms of documentation include, but are not limited to:
- An IEP and ETR or 504 Plan
Step 2: Submit your documentation for review by an Accessibility Advocate.
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documentation too large to attach via email? Share it with CSCC Accessibility Services via OneDrive!
Step 3: Check your email for an invitation to your intake meeting.
Your Advocate will contact you via email to set up a time and date for the Intake Interview.
Services we provide
- Student Advocacy
- Testing Accommodations (extended time, audio, distraction-reduced testing space, height adjustable desks, etc.)
- Assistive Technology
- Alternate Media (E-text, Braille, Large print)
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Captioning Services
- Note-Taking Accommodations
- Temporary Services (e.g. due to an injury, accident, or short-term illness)
- Resources on Disability Issues
- Other Services Based on Need
Hours of Operation
Advocate Intake Hours (By Appointment Only) **
Last Saturday of the month 9:00am-11:00am
**Intakes/Welcome Meetings traditionally take approximately 1 hour; therefore the latest we will schedule intakes is one hour prior to close.
Walk-in appointments are available with Advocates 8:30am-4:30pm Mondays &Tuesdays, 8:30am-6:30pm Wednesdays, 8:30am-4:30pm Thursdays, and10:00am-4:00pm Fridays. Advocates are typically unavailable during lunch hour from 12-1pm. While each Advocate is assigned a walk-in day, and each student assigned an Advocate; all students can drop in during walk-in hours and see whichever Advocate is on duty that day.
Accessibility Services Videos