Columbus State Community College offers a wide range of support to encourage the enrollment of people with disabilities. Located in Eibling Hall 101, the Disability Services Office provides services to qualified students with disabilities for all Columbus State locations.
CASE Advising will be available to meet with students in Disability Services (Columbus Campus - Eibling Hall, 101):
- August 22nd from 1-3 PM
Disability Services will be offering a series of FREE Soft Skills Workshops with instructors from Careers for People with Disabilities (CPD).
The Soft Skills Workshops are on the following Wednesdays in Nestor Hall, room 315:
- July 11th : 9-11 a.m.: Interpersonal Awareness Effective Communication Styles and getting along with others
- July 18th: 9-11 a.m.: Needs, Barriers and Strategies for Success
- July 25th: 9-11 a.m.: Interests and Skills Identification/Inventory
- August 1st: 9-11 a.m.: Avoiding Stereotypes and Appreciating Uniqueness: Lifestyles, Work Values and Self Esteem
Please RSVP your planned dates for attending and any special accommodation needs (large print/sign language interpreter, etc.) to Sheryl Killen at email@example.com.
Disability Services Quick Reference
Step 1: Obtain disability documentation
Common forms of documentation include, but are not limited to:
- An IEP and ETR or 504 Plan
Step 2: Submit your documentation for review by a Disability Services (DS) Advocate.
- Drop it off to Disability Services in Eibling Hall 101 (Columbus Campus)
- Email it to DSdocumentation@cscc.edu
Step 3: Check your email for an invitation to your intake meeting.
Services we provide
- Student Advocacy
- Testing Accommodations (extended time, audio, distraction-reduced testing space, height adjustable desks, etc.)
- Assistive Technology
- Alternate Media (E-text, Braille, Large print)
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Captioning Services
- Note-Taking Accommodations
- Resources on Disability Issues
- Other Services Based on Need
DS Test Administration Request Form (please download to obtain fillable PDF)