File Your FAFSA First!
Get your Financial Aid Award Letter EARLIER!
You can file your FAFSA for the upcoming school year as early as October 1 of the previous year.
Submitting your FAFSA early helps you meet deadlines and maximize your aid!
- Spring 2019 registration is now OPEN! Get registered TODAY! Classes begin January 14th.
- In the event a student is selected for verification, the Financial Aid Office may request a tax return transcript from the student and/or parent. This is DIFFERENT than a tax return. Order 2016 and 2017 tax return transcripts here!
- What is a tax return transcript and how is it different than a tax return?
- Spring 2019 foundation scholarship application is now closed. However, some high school and health-related major scholarships are still available!
- Attending the Autumn 2019 through Summer 2020 semesters? The 2019-20 FAFSA application is now OPEN! Use 2017 tax information.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available on a new phone app, called myStudentAid. You can use the app on an android or iPhone. This will be important for a lot of people who don't have regular access to computers!
Attending Spring and/or Summer Semester 2019?
Complete your 2018-19 FAFSA using 2016 tax information. Continue to check both your CSCC student email and Financial Aid Self-Service located on your CougarWeb account for required documents or your award letter!
FAFSA deadline for the Spring 2019 semester: December 10th, 2018
Verification deadline date for the Spring 2019 semester: December 14, 2018
Financial Aid Quick Reference
Applying for Financial Aid can be intimidating, but we're here to help. Here's a quick overview of the process.
Step 1: Apply for Admission at Columbus State and fill out your FAFSA.
Step. 2: Complete your FAFSA (There may be some extra questions as you go through the process.
Step. 3: Review your financial aid award letter. Choose if you want to take out loans.
Step. 4: Receive Financial Aid
There are many options for paying for college, such as:
- Federal Work Study
Popular Financial Aid Videos
Financial Aid Fraud Notice
Columbus State Community College follows established guidelines for the prevention, identification of and response to indications of identity theft and financial aid fraud. This notice provides a summary of student rights, responsibilities and preventative measures regarding financial aid fraud. Fraud Notification