Columbus State has partnered with NetTutor to give you even more tutoring options. Now, you have access to Columbus State's professional and peer tutors, as well as NetTutor experts, providing assistance in more subjects and at more times, either on campus or online from any computer, anywhere!
Tutoring is provided free of charge to current Columbus State students.
In-Person Tutoring Options
24 / 7 Tutoring (Online through NetTutor)
NetTutor tutoring is available 24-7. Real-time tutoring for English and Math is available online 24/7, and synchronous hours for other content areas are available as indicated by NetTutor's schedule. In most other subjects, students can submit a question and receive an answer after a short waiting period. NetTutor can be accessed through any course you are currently enrolled in (now or for an upcoming semester) by logging on to Blackboard.
During business hours, you can access:
- In Person tutoring at our Columbus and Delaware campuses, with limited tutoring provided at the Regional Learning Centers.
- Online tutoring through NetTutor —live during certain times, or submit a paper or question for feedback. Log on to Blackboard and click on the "N" logo.
- Writing assistance in person at the Writing Centers on our Columbus and Delaware Campuses, and at the Dublin, Reynoldsburg, and Westerville Regional Learning Centers
- Peer Tutors, providing assistance from students well-versed in their subjects.
- Supplemental Instruction available in specific courses. Students who attend Supplemental Instruction are more successful than their peers.
In-person tutors are available in many academic departments. Click the links below to check department tutoring subjects and schedules. Schedules vary by department and semester.
Tutors by Department
Business Programs (Accounting, Business Office Applications, Business Management & Finance)
Mathematics Department Tutoring (Learning Resource Center)
Psychology - see Peer Tutoring
- Log in to Blackboard with your Columbus State username and password.
- Go to a course you are currently enrolled in (you can access tutoring for any subject from any course you are currently enrolled in)
- Click the button with the green and black "n" below your name in the upper right-hand corner. First-time users will need to "Accept and Continue" the End User License Agreement.
- Choose the subject in which you want tutoring.
Peer tutoring matches students with a student-tutor and involves regular tutoring sessions throughout the semester. Learn more and apply for a peer tutor.
The Supplemental Instruction (SI) Program gives students the benefits of learning from an SI Leader - a peer student who has already completed the course successfully. The SI Leader attends all class lectures, takes notes, reads assigned texts and holds study groups outside of class time to review course concepts, provide study assistance and facilitate learning in a group setting. Typically, The SI Leader meets with students 2-3 times per week for 50-minute sessions.
To check if your course offers supplemental instruction, ask your instructor or view: