Business Programs Tutoring
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we will provide all tutoring online via NetTutor.
NetTutor can be accessed through any course you are currently enrolled in.
Log into Blackboard, click on the green "n" in the top right of the page.
For general coronavirus updates, please see Coronavirus Info & FAQs.
Tutoring Schedule Spring Semester 2022
To get the most benefit from tutoring, students should work on the chapter/topic prior to attending tutoring. For example, Accounting 1211 and 1212 students should complete DSM work and attempt homework/quiz prior to attending tutoring. Business Programs "Walk-In Tutoring Sessions" for ACCT 1211, ACCT 1212 and BOA 1111 will be through Net Tutor and available on the following days and times:
Any changes will be announced here.
Spring 2022 Tutor Times For ACCT 1211, ACCT 1212, BOA 1111
Start Day, Time, Tutor
1-25-22 Tuesdays, 4:00 to 6:00 pm, Don Brown via Pisces (NetTutor)
1-26-22 Wednesdays, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Don Brown via Pisces (NetTutor)
1-27-22 Thursdays, 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Mbwana Jordan via Pisces (NetTutor)
Spring 2022 Tutor Times for BOA 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1172, 1191 and 1300
9:00 am-1:00 pm, Elizabeth Eschenbrenner via Pisces (NetTutor) in Blackboard on:
These session are free to current Columbus State Students:
Directions for a Student to Access NetTutor (Pisces)
To access NetTutor (Pisces):
1. Please use the recommended Browser Chrome
2. Go to www.cscc.edu and log into Blackboard
3. Select the course in Blackboard you desire tutoring in
4. Click on the green “n” in the top right-hand side of the course
5. The first time you go to NetTutor you’ll need to agree to the security agreement
6. Access Columbus State Community College Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader (SI) by clicking on the Title, “Pisces” or to access a Nettutor Tutor click on the Title, “Nettutor” (Both Pisces and Nettutor platforms have audio capability during a tutoring session. If you desire audio during your tutoring sessions, please communicate this request to your tutor.)
7. Scroll down to select the course category (for an example: English, Biology, Chemistry, Math (Algebra and PreCalc), or Math Contextualize, etc.)
8. For Columbus State Community College tutors you’ll see open rooms under one-on-one rooms. Then click on the tutor’s name to open a room for tutoring assistance. If you are seeking an SI Leader then click on the Online Meeting Room, then click on the SI Leader’s name. For NetTutor tutors, scroll down to “drop in and meet with a live tutor.”