Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship Program
|FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2021|
|National Science Foundation (NSF)
S-STEM Scholarship Opportunity for Current Students
Now Accepting Applications for full-tuition S-STEM Scholarships
If you are a current Columbus State student in an Associate of Science major, who intends to transfer on to earn a bachelor's degree in a STEM field, you may be eligible for the National Science Foundation's S-STEM scholarship throught the Future Scientists of Ohio Program*.
Apply now and your S-STEM scholarship can begin Spring Semester 2021 and will cover tuitions and fees, with additional funding to help with other college expenses such as housing, transportation, meals, school supplies, and more!
*Students must be income-qualified and meet additional eligibility criteria.
Full Tuition and Unmatched Opportunity
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) are growing fields with expanding job opportunities. A degree from Columbus State is a great way to get you started in your chosen STEM career.
The Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship Program provides full-tuition scholarships two years of college at Columbus State, specifically to complete an Associate of Science degree before transferring to a partner institution to complete a STEM major. Scholarship recipients enroll in classes with other students in their cohort, and receive special support from faculty and advisors. Click here to find out more and to apply for the Future Scientists scholarship.
S-STEM Scholarship Funding
Students who have an EFC (Estimated Family Contribution based on FAFSA) of $10,000
or less, and meet the FSO Program requirements may be eligible for National Science
Foundation Scholarship in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S-STEM)
funding. The National Science Foundation provides full tuition for autumn and spring
semesters, as well as additional funding to cover other college costs such as textbooks,
supplies, and transportation.
NEW FOR SPRING 2021: Current Columbus State students in Associate of Science majors, who plan to transfer on for a bachelor's degree, can apply to receive the S-STEM scholarship beginning Spring Semester 2021
More FSO Benefits
As an FSO Scholar at Columbus State, you’ll have everything you need to get a strong start to your STEM education:
- Full tuition for two years (four semesters)
- Personal support and mentoring
- Guided career exploration in STEM fields
- Research and networking opportunities
- A cohort of FSO Scholars with similar goals and interests
Because FSO Scholars are a select group, the attention students receive is personalized and focused on their individual goals. A student-to-staff ratio of just 7:1 makes it easy to forge relationships and build a strong network.
Students meet with the STEM academic advisor and work with faculty mentors to:
- Assure all requirements are met to earn an Associate of Science
- Explore career options in many STEM fields
- Find the best transfer program at the right four-year university to achieve their goals
- Tailor Columbus State classes to prepare for their chosen bachelor’s degree
FSO students take many of the same courses as they move through the program, which creates a cohort experience to:
- Build a strong network of peers who are pursuing careers in the same
- Take courses tailored for FSO Scholars (including non-science courses).
- Forge lasting friendships based on common interests—FSO Scholars often transfer to the same four-year colleges and universities in the same program!
FSO Scholars are automatically a member of Columbus State’s STEM Club, which meets once a week and explores STEM career options though:
- Guest speakers – STEM industry professionals and educators visit the Columbus State campus to present a wide variety of career
- Group trips – Visits to area STEM-related businesses and four-year colleges and universities let club members explore both careers and transfer
- Service learning/community service opportunities – Giving back to the community is a core value at Columbus State and the STEM Club provides opportunities to work together to build a stronger c
- STEM Club members are given the option to attend local and national conferences, where they often present their own
Our Associate of Science degree completes the first two years of a bachelor’s degree and transfers seamlessly to a bachelor’s degree program in a STEM field at many four-year colleges, including The Ohio State University, Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan, Ohio Dominican, Capital and many others. Find out more about STEM transfer options here.
Explore Associate of Science Majors
To qualify for the Future Scientists of Ohio Program, students must declare an Associate of Science as their major. Columbus State offers Associate of Science majors tailored to give students a strong foundation in the area in which they plan to earn a bachelor's degree, including:
Students also have the option of declaring the general Associate of Science degree