Future Scientists Scholarship Program – Full Tuition for CSCC STEM Students
If you are a graduating senior interested in the fields of science, technology, engineering, math or medicine, you may be able to attend Columbus State tuition-free with the Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship and complete the first two years of your bachelor's degree with no college debt!
Who it's for: Students who plan to get an Associate of Science degree and who plan to subsequently complete a Bachelor of Science degree in science, mathematics or engineering at any four-year university.
2018 High School Graduates
(Apply using our common scholarship application.)
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Application deadline: April 1, 2018 extended to April 15
- Be accepted to Columbus State Community College (Continue to college application).
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA (Click Here for FAFSA website).
- Students must plan to attend the STEM Summer Bridge program in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship. Summer Bridge Program info
- Take the Placement Test and successfully place into Math 1149 and English 1100. (or equivalent placement by ACT/SAT scores).
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA, and/or extracurricular activities demonstrating a commitment to engagement and success.
- Have a composite ACT score of 24 or higher, or an SAT score of 1200.
- Write an essay that explains (a) why the student wants to be part of this program, (b) why the student should be chosen for this program, (c) how the student’s academic and professional goals would be enhanced by participation in this program.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a science or mathematics teacher that refers to the student’s abilities in science and a science laboratory, the likelihood of success in completing an academic degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, the willingness to work both independently and cooperatively in team projects, and the willingness to accept personal responsibility for his or her academic success.
- Candidates must be incoming students. This scholarship is not currently available for those who already have a college degree or have attended another college (students with CCP/Dual Credit college credit are eligible to apply for this scholarship).
- Must be an Ohio resident.
- Students accepted into the program must plan to attend STEM Club meetings during each semester (meetings are held every other Friday).
- Applications must be complete, with all information received before the deadline.
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified via email to your Columbus State email address. Please check your email regularly.
Questions? Contact Laura Shady