Future Scientists Scholarship Program
Full Tuition for Columbus State STEM Students
If you are a graduating high school senior interested in the fields of science, technology, engineering, math or medicine, you may be able to attend Columbus State tuition-free with the Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship and complete the first two years of your bachelor's degree with no college debt!
Who it's for: Students who plan to get an Associate of Science degree at Columbus State Community College and who plan to subsequently complete a Bachelor of Science degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or medicine at any four-year university.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Be accepted to Columbus State Community College (Continue to college application).
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA (Continue to the FAFSA website).
- Declare your CSCC major as Associate of Science
- Students must plan to attend the STEM Summer Bridge program in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship. Summer Bridge Program info
- Take the Placement Test and successfully place into Math 1149 and English 1100 (or equivalent placement by ACT/SAT scores).
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA and extracurricular activities demonstrating a commitment to engagement and success.
- Have a composite ACT score of 24 or higher, or an SAT score of 1200. However, you should still apply if you have not taken the ACT or SAT.
- Write an essay that explains (a) why you want to be a part of this program, (b) why you should be chosen for this program, (c) how your academic and professional goals would be enhanced by participation in this program.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a science or mathematics teacher that refers to the student’s abilities in science and a science laboratory, the likelihood of success in completing an academic degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, the willingness to work both independently and cooperatively in team projects, and the willingness to accept personal responsibility for his or her academic success.
- Candidates must be incoming students. This scholarship is not currently available for those who already have a college degree or have attended another college (students with CCP/Dual Credit college credit ARE eligible to apply for this scholarship).
- Must be an Ohio resident (DACA students are not eligible).
- Students accepted into the program must plan to attend STEM Club meetings during each semester.
- Applications must be complete, with all information received before the deadline.
- If selected for an interview, you will be notified via email to your Columbus State email address. Please check your email regularly.
Deadline for applications was April 1, 2022
Questions? Contact The Future Scientists Team