Whether you are ready to start your first semester at Columbus State or you're already a student, it's not too late to sign up for spring classes with our short-term options:
- Twelve-week classes start February 18 and include many required and elective general education options such as math, english,
NOTE: Registration for spring semester online twelve-week classes has closed. Registration for each on-site class closes on the day and starting time of the first class session.
- Eight-week classes start March 17 and include COLS 1100 and other general education classes, as well as major-specific courses in computer science, GIS, business, hospitality and more.
Same content, fewer weeks: Short-term classes contain the same content as full-term classes, so you don't miss a thing! Condensing the information into a shorter term means more material will be covered each week.
Find Short-Term Classes
- Go to the Spring 2019 Class Schedules.
- In Select Subject, scroll down to select "8 Week Terms" or "Other Flex Terms" and
(see screen shot below).
NOTE: 5-week classes are open only to students in Aviation Maintenance and the Nursing Certificate (STNA) program and fill quickly.
- Find a class that fits in your schedule.
- Check the "Seats Avail" column on the right-hand side of the page to make sure there are still spaces in the class. (If the number is "0" or less, the class is full.)
- Register for your class through CougarWeb for Students.
Need help choosing classes? Sign up for a New Student Workshop where you’ll create the schedule for your first semester, and learn other important information about how to get a great start at Columbus State.
Already know which classes you need to take? Use the instructions under "Find Short-Term Classes" below to find and register for classes that fit your schedule.
Short-term classes can help you move toward graduation faster by adding a class to your spring schedule. Fewer weeks of class can also work well with your academic and personal schedule.
- Review your Degree Audit (in CougarWeb for Students, under Academic Profile), or talk with your advisor to find the best short-term classes for your academic program and personal schedule.
- Use the instructions below to find and register for short-term classes that fit your schedule.
Paying for College
It's not too late to complete your FAFSA for the Spring 2019 semester! Be sure to complete your FAFSA for 2018-2019.