Whether you are ready to start your first semester at Columbus State or you're already a student, it's not too late to sign up for Spring classes with our short-term options:
- Five-week classes begin February 17 and March 30 and include Spanish, Elementary Statistics, and major-specific courses in Nursing,
Skilled Trades, EMS, and Aviation Maintenance.
NOTE: Many 5-week classes are open only to students inthe specified major and often fill quickly.
- Eight-week classes start March 15 and include COLS 1100 and other general education classes, as well as major-specific courses in Business, Computer Science, Engineering Technologies, Health Sciences, Hospitality, and more.
Same content, fewer weeks: Short-term classes contain the same content as full-term classes, so you don't miss a thing! Condensing the information into a shorter term means more material will be covered each week.
Register for short-term classes early for your best choice of days, times, and locations.
Find Short-Term Classes
- Go to the Spring 2020 Class Schedules.
- In the "Select Subject" bar, scroll down to select "8-Week Terms," "5-week Terms,"
or "Other Flex Terms" to see all short-term options, then click "Go"
(see screen shot below).
- Find a class that fits in your schedule.
- Check the "Seats Avail" column on the right-hand side of the page to make sure there are still spaces in the class. If the number is "0" or less, the class is full. Classes with fewer than 5 seats available may fill quickly.
- Register for your class through CougarWeb for Students.
Need help choosing classes? Sign up for a New Student Workshop where you’ll create the schedule for your first semester, and learn other important information about how to get a great start at Columbus State.
Already know which classes you need to take? Use the instructions under "Find Short-Term Classes" below to find and register for classes that fit your schedule.
Short-term classes can help you move toward graduation faster by adding a class (or more!) to your schedule. Fewer weeks of class can also work well with your academic and personal schedule.
- Review your Degree Audit (in CougarWeb for Students, under Academic Profile), or talk with your advisor to find the best short-term classes for your academic program and personal schedule.
- Use the instructions below to find and register for short-term classes that fit your schedule.