Whether you are ready to start your first semester at Columbus State or you're already a student, it's not too late to sign up for autumn classes with our short-term options:
- Eleven-week classes start October 5 and include general education classes such as English, Math, and Psychology, as well
as major-specific courses such as Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Geographic Information
Systems, and Massage Therapy.
- Five-week classes start October 5 and November 9 and include major-specific courses in Nursing, Skilled Trades, EMS, and Aviation
NOTE: Many five-week classes are open only to students in the specified major and often fill quickly.
- Eight-week classes start October 25 and include COLS 1100 and other general education classes, as well as major-specific courses in Business, Computer Science, Engineering Technologies, Health Sciences, Hospitality, and more.
Same Content, Fewer Weeks
Short-term classes contain the same content as full-term classes, so you don't miss a thing! Condensing the information into a shorter term means more material will be covered each week.
Register for short-term classes early for your best choice of days, times, and locations.
Autumn Online Courses
The majority of our classes will be offered online this Autumn Semester, with the exception of a few hands-on and technical courses.
Online classes may include a live portion, where you meet at a designated time, or you may learn completely at your own pace. Other classes may include some in-person labs. Course delivery for Autumn Semester 2020
Find Short-Term Classes
- Go to the Autumn 2020 Class Schedules.
- In the "Select Subject" bar, scroll down to select "8-Week Terms," "5-week Terms," or "Other Flex Terms" to see all short-term options, then click "Go" (see screen shot below).
- Find a class that fits in your schedule.
- Check the "Seats Avail" column on the right-hand side of the page to make sure there are still spaces in the class. If the number is "0" or less, the class is full. Classes with fewer than 5 seats available may fill quickly.
- Register for your class through CougarWeb for Students.
Need help choosing classes? Sign up for a New Student Workshop where you’ll create the schedule for your first semester, and learn other important information about how to get a great start at Columbus State.
Already know which classes you need to take? Use the instructions under "Find Short-Term Classes" above to find and register for classes that fit your schedule.
Short-term classes can help you move toward graduation faster by adding a class (or more!) to your schedule. Fewer weeks of class can also work well with your academic and personal schedule.
- Review your Degree Audit (in CougarWeb for Students, under Academic Profile), or talk with your advisor to find the best short-term classes for your academic program and personal schedule.
- Use the instructions below to find and register for short-term classes that fit your schedule.