Whether you are ready to start your first semester at Columbus State or you're already a student, it's not too late to sign up for Summer Semester classes with our short-term options:
- Eight-week classes start June 14 and include general education classes such as English, Math, and Psychology, as well
as major-specific courses such as Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Geographic Information
Systems, and Massage Therapy.
- Five-week classes start July 5 and include major-specific courses in Nursing, Skilled Trades, EMS, and Aviation
NOTE: Many five-week classes are open only to students in the specified major and often fill quickly.
Same Content, Fewer Weeks
Short-term classes contain the same content as full-term classes, so you don't miss a thing! Condensing the information into a shorter term means more material will be covered each week.
Register for short-term classes early for your best choice of days, times, and locations.
Summer Online Courses
Summer Semester classes will continue to be primarily remote, with limited exceptions for classes that need to be delivered in persons for accreditation and hands-on learning purposes.
Online classes may include a live portion, when you meet at a designated time, or you may learn completely at your own pace. Other classes may include some in-person labs. Course delivery options for 2020-2021
Find Short-Term Classes
2. Choose "Register for Classes" under the Registration section
3. Choose "Search for Courses"
4. Select "Section Listing" under Advanced Course Search
5. Select "Summer Semester" under Term.
6. Scroll down to Term Length and select the short-term length you wish to search for.
7. Add any other preferences you wish to include such as subject, course synonym, location, day, and time.
8. Click "Search"
Need help choosing classes? Sign up for a New Student Workshop where you’ll create the schedule for your first semester, and learn other important information about how to get a great start at Columbus State.
Already know which classes you need to take? Use the instructions under "Find Short-Term Classes" above to find and register for classes that fit your schedule.
Short-term classes can help you move toward graduation faster by adding a class (or more!) to your schedule. Fewer weeks of class can also work well with your academic and personal schedule.
- Review your Degree Audit (in CougarWeb for Students, under Academic Profile), or talk with your advisor to find the best short-term classes for your academic program and personal schedule.
- Use the instructions above to find and register for short-term classes that fit your schedule.