IT Flexible Apprenticeships
Technology workers are in higher demand in Central Ohio than ever before. Ranked the number one city for tech workers by SmartAsset, Columbus is home to 14 Fortune 1000 headquarters and other major operations in the healthcare, defense, finance and retail industries, creating a strong ecosystem for IT talent.
Columbus State partners with major IT employers in the region to offer students the opportunity for paid apprenticeship positions in the industry as they complete a degree in:
* Additional Computer Science Majors Coming Soon
To be eligible for Apprenticeship positions, students must complete a brief series of eligibility requirements that include technical courses related to their chosen career pathway. Full-time students can complete these requirements in two semesters or less. After the eligibility requirements are completed, students are able to compete for Apprenticeships through an interview process facilitated by Columbus State. Year-long Junior Apprenticeship and Senior Apprenticeship positions are available for students at different points in their pathway.
- Get paid to work in a position related to your chosen career as you attend school
- Learn in the classroom, in the lab, and on the job
- Prepare for immediate employment upon graduation
- Low tuition + Apprenticeship income = Less student debt!