Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Students who have completed the placement process will receive notification via email with an unique link to register for orientation starting on May 1, 2017. It may take up to a week after completing the placement process to receive the registration email. If students need us to resend the link please use the contact information below:
Students who are recent high school graduates (2016 or 2017) should attend a new student orientation session. We recommend all other students to attend a New Student Workshop.
If you are not a recent high school graduate and would prefer attend the orientation program, please contact email@example.com. We will work with you to complete the registration process.
Orientation will last approximately 5.5 hours and students will need to attend the entire event.
Students need to complete the Placement test or submit alternative placement documentation prior to being able to register for orientation.
The Placement test determines the appropriate course level placement for first term students. You may be exempt from taking some or all sections of the test if you have qualifying ACT, AP, or CLEP scores.
Use the following address to navigate to campus:
550 E. Spring St.Columbus,
Additionally, find general directions to campus
When you attend orientation the best locations to park are in lots 20-S, 23-S and 27-s. View Parking Site to see the location of these lots. Orientation will be located in the building indicated as WD.
We recognize the importance of being supported while you transition to college, so we invite you to bring up to two guests with you to orientation. There are informational sessions throughout the orientation day especially designed for parents and families.
- Snacks & water bottle—we will only be provided small snacks during the event (no meals)
- Your Columbus State username and password — to register for classes (this is the same as your email)
- Photo ID — acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport
- Vehicle information — license plate number, make, and model of vehicle
- Pen/Pencil and paper — come prepared to learn
- Extra copies of your High school, AP, PSEOP, or IB transcripts — to earn credit from AP, PSEOP, or IB, have official copies of your score reports or transcripts sent directly to Columbus State Community College
- Prep Tech paperwork (if applicable)
There will be light snacks provided throughout the day. We recommend students and guests bring a water bottle and alternative snacks as well.
Students complete the academic advising process in a group setting, but are able to ask individual questions during the course registration period. We encourage students to make an individual appointment with their advisor during the beginning of the semester.
There will be an option during the orientation registration process which will allow you to request accommodations.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back with you as soon as possible