New Student Workshops
The New Student Workshop is intended for students who graduated high school more than two years ago (2019 or prior). This two-part program prepares students to be successful at Columbus State, including registering for first semester classes. Students who complete the New Student Workshop will have the knowledge and tools necessary to achieve their academic goals.
- Part One, the Online Workshop, introduces students to Columbus State's academics, support resources, and student life. Students complete the Online Workshop independently and at their own pace. At the end of Part One, students register for a Course Scheduling workshop.
- Part Two, the Course Scheduling Workshop, is a live advising session where students will receive their first semester course recommendations and register for their class schedule. Both in-person and live online options are available.
- In order to receive course recommendations and register for classes, students must
have placement information for reading, writing, and math on file with the college.
Click here to learn more about the information you should submit for placement.
- Note: Students who do not have placement information on file will not receive course recommendations and will not be able to register for classes.
- Students who graduated high school within the last two years (2020 or 2021) should not complete this workshop. Your next step is New Student Orientation.
Once you have completed both parts of the New Student Workshop, you will be ready for classes to start! However, we know that it is a lot of information. If you have additional questions or forgot how to do something, take a look at our New Student Guide which is a quick reference resource on the "how to" of Columbus State.