New Student Workshops
This online workshop is open to incoming students who graduated high school or earned a GED more than two years ago (2018 or earlier).
If you are a recent high school graduate (2019 or 2020) preparing to enroll at Columbus State for Autumn 2020, do not complete this workshop--you should attend a specialized New Student Orientation program that occurs June-August. Once you have completed placement testing, more information will be sent to your CSCC and personal email account..
The Online New Student Workshop will introduce students to Columbus State academics, support resources, and student life. At the end of the program, students will register for a Course Scheduling Workshop. At the Course Scheduling Workshop, students will learn how to use all of the systems necessary to register for classes, and will build their course schedule with the assistance of the orientation team.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior to speaking to an advisor and scheduling classes, students will need to submit valid ACT/SAT scores or complete the MATH placement test online through CougarWeb.
- The Online Workshop is about an hour in length and requires you to use your Columbus State log in information.
- At the end of the program, you will register for a Course Scheduling Workshop to make your first semester schedule with the help of our advising team.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Have you already completed the advising process and received course recommendations, but need a little help with the registration process? Check out one of our virtual CougarWeb labs!
IMPORTANT: These virtual labs are conducted via Microsoft Teams. You can connect via web browser with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, or if you are on your phone you can connect by downloading the Teams app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
CougarWeb Support Lab
- This lab is designed for students who are familiar with CougarWeb but have a quick question, such as how to drop a class.
- Click on the time to join the session.