About Ohio University
Established in 1804, Ohio University is Ohio's first university and is a state-sponsored institution located in Athens, Ohio (about 65 miles from downtown Columbus). Ohio University is considered a "research university" and educates students in over 250 majors on its main campus through the doctoral level with several of these programs available online through their Global Campus and in person at several campuses in the region. Over 40,000 students attend classes at Ohio University's campuses each semester. Students who have earned 12 hours or more after high school are considered transfer students to Ohio University.
Benefits for Columbus State Graduates
- Several 2+2 programs allowing students to take courses for two years at Columbus State and then transfer to Ohio University to complete their bachelor's degree in two additional years.
- Free online application for Columbus State students.
- Columbus State students who enroll in the STEP program will "lock in" the current tuition, room, and board fees (if applicable- only at Athens campus) at Ohio University, even if a student does not transfer to Ohio University for 1-2 years from enrollment in STEP. Students who have graduated high school and are taking classes at Columbus State are eligible for this part of the STEP program (all students taking classes at Columbus State, including College Credit Plus students, are eligible for the STEP program)
- "D" grades transfer as credit toward requirements for the degree (except for special instances involving course work for the major)
- Transfer scholarships available.
Information for Columbus State Students
- Columbus State Community College Partnership Information
- Strategic Transfer Education Plan (STEP) Information for Columbus State students.
- Important information for students before applying to Ohio University.
- Special admissions criteria for competitive program application at Ohio University
- General Education equivalency guide for Ohio University's "BRICKS" framework (for
students entering after Autumn 2021 to Ohio University)
- Information regarding programs/majors available at Ohio University's regional campuses or their Online Degree Programs
- Information on Ohio University's Early Start (non-Degree) RN to BSN program and information sessions
Representatives from Ohio University are available available to speak to Columbus State students in-person, online, via phone, and email. Their schedule, as well as the schedule for other related Ohio University transfer events, can be viewed below and at: https://admissions.ohio.edu/portal/ccvisit_columbusstate
Ohio University representatives may meet with students by appointment only in person at the University Transfer Center on select days (calendar below) or virtually on other days using the website mentioned above.
|BSB||Communication||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BSB||Business Studies||AA Business, AA, AS, or AAS Business Related Programs||2+2|
|BCJ||Criminal Justice||AAS Justice and Safety Related||2+2|
|BAHCS||Customer Service||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BAHCS||Human Services||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BS||Integrated Healthcare Studies||AAS Health Related||2+2|
|BS||Nursing||Associate degree in Nursing||2+2|
|BSSLS||Sport and Lifestyle Studies||AAS SES Athletic Performance Track||2+2|
|BSSLS||Sport and Lifestyle Studies||AAS SES Exercise Science Track||2+2|
|BSSLS||Sport and Lifestyle Studies||AAS SES Recreation and Leisure Track||2+2|
|BSSLS||Sport and Lifestyle Studies||AAS SES Sports Managment Track||2+2|
|BS||Psychology||AA/AS Psychology Bachelor's Degree Transfer Major||
|BTAS||Technical and Applied Studies||AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BSTOM||Technical Operations Management||AAS All Programs||2+2|
Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways- A student who completes the associated AA or AS Bachelor's Degree Transfer major at Columbus State can follow the OGTP for the same major at Ohio University. Ohio University offers the following OGTPs for these Columbus State majors:
Coming Soon: Anthropology, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, History, Mathematics (BA), Mathematics (BS), Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work.
Links to Competitive and Selective Entry Programs at Ohio University (Athens)
- College of Business
- Scripps College of Communication
- Teacher Education
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Nursing (Traditional Entry- BSN)