About Ohio University
Established in 1804, Ohio University is Ohio's first university and is a state-sponsored institution located in Athens, Ohio (about 65 miles from downtown Columbus). Ohio University is considered a "research university" and educates students in over 250 majors on its main campus through the doctoral level with several of these programs available online through their Global Campus and in person at several campuses in the region. Over 40,000 students attend classes at Ohio University's campuses each semester. Students who have earned 12 hours or more after high school are considered transfer students to Ohio University.
Benefits for Columbus State Graduates
- Several 2+2 programs allowing students to take courses for two years at Columbus State and then transfer to Ohio University to complete their bachelor's degree in two additional years.
- Free online application for Columbus State students.
- "D" grades transfer as credit toward requirements for the degree (except for special instances involving course work for the major)
- Transfer scholarships available.
Information for Columbus State Students
- Columbus State Community College Partnership Information
- Strategic Transfer Education Plan (STEP) Information for Columbus State students.
- Important information for students before applying to Ohio University.
- Special admissions criteria for competitive program application at Ohio University
- Ohio University General Education Equivalency Guide with Columbus State courses.
Ohio University Contact for Columbus State Students
Jodie Van Winkle, the Senior Community Partnerships Manager for Ohio University is available to speak to Columbus State students in the Transfer Center (Aquinas Hall 126) or at the Delaware Campus in Moeller Hall. Her schedule, as well as the schedule for other related Ohio University transfer events, can be viewed below and at: https://admissions.ohio.edu/portal/ccvisit_columbusstate
Jodie welcomes students who have just begun their studies at Columbus State to those who have already graduated and are planning transfer to Ohio University. If students have any questions, they may contact her at 614.597.7990 or through email.
|BS||Applied Communication||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BSAM||Applied Management||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BCJ||Criminal Justice||AAS Justice and Safety Related||2+2|
|BAHCS||Customer Service||AA, AS, or AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BS||Environmental Health Science||Associate of Science or AAS ESSH||2+2|
|BS||Nursing||Associate degree in Nursing||2+2|
|BS||Occupational Hygiene and Safety||Associate of Science or AAS ESSH||2+2|
|BTAS||Technical and Applied Studies||AAS All Programs||2+2|
|BSTOM||Technical Operations Management||AAS Civil Engineering Technology||2+2|
|BSTOM||Technical Operations Management||AAS Electronics Engineering Technology||2+2|
|BSTOM||Technical Operations Management||AAS Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology||2+2|
|BSTOM||Technical Operations Management||AAS Mechanical Engineering Technology||2+2|
|BA||Psychology||Associate of Arts||