Meet with University Advisors
Admissions representatives and academic advisors from local and statewide public and private colleges visit Columbus State every semester to recruit our students for transfer. Students can meet with these representatives at any point in their Columbus State experience. You do not have to be accepted to any of the colleges that visit. In-person visits in the University Transfer Center, Lobby Informational Tables (in select academic buildings on the Columbus campus), and some virtual meetings are available to student on a walk-in/drop-in basis. Other in-person and virtual visit opportunities may require an appointment be made through the visiting college or university. Some programs, tours, and information sessions advertised may require an email or RSVP response to be added to the program and receive a link to access it on at the specified date and time. Students should view the calendar entries carefully to understand if an appointment/RSVP is needed and which virtual application is being used for the visit (Zoom, WebEx, MS Teams) and the access codes, passwords, and other information needed. If students have any questions about the visit calendars below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Your Visit
Before you meet in-person or virtually with an advisor/representative, please consider completing the following tasks:
- Create a PDF, a screen shot, or a high quality photo of your unofficial transcript or Degree Audit (DARS) through your Cougarweb account to allow it to be shared via virtual meeting or email with a representative, if requested, or bring the copy with you to your appointment.
- Make a list of questions you would like answered by the representative.
- Understand that these open virtual meetings may include other students online during the meetings or may involve you waiting in a virtual "waiting room" for your turn to chat. It may be necessary to follow up and schedule a one-on-one phone or virtual appointment with the representative after the meeting depending upon the number of students waiting or at the representative's request.
- Ask questions that are pertinent to the representative's institution. While they can offer general advice about Columbus State programs (i.e. choose this Columbus State major for this bachelor's degrees), they are not actual Columbus State advisors. If you have questions about Columbus State's programs or courses, please visit your Columbus State academic advisor.
University Visit Calendars
Below are our master visit calendars for the semester. There is a calendar for college and university partners who offer in-person drop-in visits in the University Transfer Center or Lobby Informational Tables on the Columbus campus, with a second calendar for virtual office hours, virtual information sessions, and other special virtual programs. Please note: The calendar below is subject to change. Although inclement weather and other travel related issues don't affect "virtual" meetings, there may be a time in which a representative is ill or is otherwise unable to make the virtual meeting or keep their in-person appointments. Should a representative be unable to make their visit, we will make a note "Cancelled" as soon as we are made aware of the absence and the representatives will reach out to students if there were in-person appointments scheduled.
If your visit requires an Appointment/RSVP
Not all visits require appointments/RSVP, but if your desired institution wants to meet with students by appointment, please use these instructions. Colleges/universities may use appointments to manage travel time/arrangements and student traffic.
1. Consult the relevant calendar below to find the college/university you want to meet with and the date of the potential meeting. Students are encouraged to make their appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
2. Click on the calendar item on the calendar and consult the details in the calendar item. The details will include instructions on how to make an appointment with that representative. You will either click on a calendar link to schedule on your own or you will be directed to contact the representative via email to reserve a time during the stated visit.
3. Confirmation of the appointment and any other relevant information will come from the college/university representative your meeting with.
4. At the day and time of the appointment, please come to the University Transfer Center (Aquinas Hall 126).
**The University Transfer Center will follow all protocols for health and safety as directed by college. For more information, please visit our website for more details: https://www.cscc.edu/go/return/