Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship Program
Full Tuition and Unmatched Opportunity
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) are growing fields with expanding job opportunities. A degree from Columbus State is a great way to get you started in your chosen STEM career.
The Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship Program provides full-tuition scholarships for two years of college at Columbus State, specifically to complete an Associate of Science degree before transferring to a partner institution to complete a STEM degree. Scholarship recipients enroll in classes with other students in their cohort, and receive special support from faculty and advisors. Click here to find out more and to apply for the Future Scientists scholarship.
More FSO Benefits
As an FSO Scholar at Columbus State, you’ll have everything you need to get a strong start to your STEM education:
- Full tuition for two years (four semesters)
- Personal support and mentoring
- Guided career exploration in STEM fields
- Research and networking opportunities
- A cohort of FSO Scholars with similar goals and interests
Because FSO Scholars are a select group, the attention students receive is personalized and focused on their individual goals. A student-to-staff ratio of just 7:1 makes it easy to forge relationships and to build a strong network.
Students meet with the STEM academic advisor and work with faculty mentors to:
- Assure all requirements are met to earn an Associate of Science degree
- Explore career options in many STEM fields
- Find the best transfer program at the right four-year university to achieve their goals
- Tailor Columbus State classes to prepare for their chosen bachelor’s degree
FSO students take many of the same courses as they move through the program, which creates a cohort experience to:
- Build a strong network of peers who are pursuing careers in the same fields
- Take courses tailored for FSO Scholars (including non-science courses)
- Forge lasting friendships based on common interests—FSO Scholars often transfer to the same four-year colleges and universities in the same program!
FSO Scholars are automatically a member of Columbus State’s STEM Club, which meets twice per month and explores STEM career options though:
- Guest speakers – STEM industry professionals and educators visit the Columbus State campus to present a wide variety of career opportunities
- Group trips – Visits to area STEM-related businesses and four-year colleges and universities let club members explore both careers and transfer options
- Service learning/community service opportunities – Giving back to the community is a core value at Columbus State and the STEM Club provides opportunities to work together to build a stronger community
- STEM Club members are given the option to attend local and national conferences, where they often present their own research
Our Associate of Science degree completes the first two years of a bachelor’s degree and transfers seamlessly to a bachelor’s degree program in a STEM field at many four-year colleges, including The Ohio State University, Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan, Ohio Dominican, Capital and many others. Find out more about STEM transfer options here.
Explore Associate of Science Majors
To qualify for the Future Scientists of Ohio Program, students must declare an Associate of Science as their major. Columbus State offers Associate of Science majors tailored to give students a strong foundation in the area in which they plan to earn a bachelor's degree, including:
Students also have the option of declaring the general Associate of Science degree.
Explore all of your options here.