End of Semester Buyback, Spring 2018
Textbook Buyback Policy
The Bookstore offers a year-round textbook buyback program, however the core buyback with the most competitive pricing is offered the last two weeks of each semester during our End of Semester Buyback. If the Bookstore has a need, we will make a cash offer (regardless of whether you bought the book new, used, or it was purchased elsewhere). Please note: books with a one time use access card are normally not eligible for buyback. In order to sell back a book, a student must present a valid Cougar ID.
Factors that affect book value and whether or not a book will be bought back:
- Has your instructor reordered the book for the upcoming semester?
- Does the Bookstore need more copies, or have we bought our limit?
- Is the book damaged (missing pages, liquid damage, binding broken)?
- It there a pending new edition of the book?
- Is the book already an old edition?
- Was the book sold as a bundle, and are pieces missing (CD’s)?
- Was the access code removed or scratched off?
- Is there a wholesale demand (are other colleges using this book)?
- We do not buy copies marked as international edition, instructor copy, or free copy.
Calculator Buyback Policy
The Bookstore offers a calculator buyback program the last two weeks of each semester. This is an effort to help students reduce their overall education costs, as it allows the Bookstore to offer students used calculators at a discounted rate. Calculators must be in good, operable condition with working batteries and a cover. In order to sell back, a student must present a valid Cougar ID.
The Bookstore buys the following calculators (one calculator per student per semester):
- TI-84+ Calculator for $50
- TI30XS Multiview Calculator for $8