Group Campus Visit Program
Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, all recruiting events have been canceled through March 28. That includes on-campus visits, Daily Previews and school visits. For the latest Columbus State Coronavirus updates, please see: cscc.edu/coronavirus.
Come experience Columbus State with your group of students!
Columbus State's Group Campus Visit Program provides community organizations and educational institutions, that serve adult and high school students (Grades 9-12), the opportunity to visit Columbus State Community College with groups. The Group Campus Visit Program provides an inside look at Columbus State's campus culture, an opportunity to learn about programs/degrees, services, enrollment processes, and answer any questions that future students and guests may have.
Campus visits for groups are available both at the Columbus Campus and the Delaware Campus. The information below is in regards to the Columbus Campus. Delaware campus group visits can be arranged by calling 740-203-8348 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Structure of our Group Campus Visit Program
There are two portions of the Group Visitation Program that are most common. Each portion lasts for about an hour.
Part I - Columbus State Information Presentation and Q&A Session:
- Led by a Columbus State Admissions Specialist and allow your group to hear all the reasons why Columbus State should be a potential students first choice for college and ask any questions they may have.
- This information session touches base on all portions of the Admissions process including Affordability, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Programs and Pathways, Registration, Student Services, etc.
Part II - Campus Tour:
- Typically led by a Student Ambassador (Ambassadors are current Columbus State students).
- Provide an overview of campus and key locations.
*Part III - Optional Lunch and/or Overview of Specific Department:
- Columbus State has a full service Food Court and discount meal coupons for visiting groups.
- If requested, we can submit a request for an overview of a specific department if all students in the group are interested in the same thing or a couple of the same areas. (i.e. Disability Services, ESL Program, Academic Program, etc.)
*Availability of these options varies.
Columbus campus' Group Campus Visit Program is available for scheduling on Tuesdays,
Wednesdays and Thursdays. Availability is dependent upon campus staff schedules, other
campus events, and many other logistical factors. Please be aware, these requests must be submitted a minimum of 30 days in advance of the date you wish
to bring your group to campus. Additionally, it will take a minimum of one week to coordinate variables
and confirm that the date requested is available and approved for your groups visit.
Due to safety and health concerns around the spread of the Coronavirus, all event and group visit registration have been suspended. Events taking place prior to March 28th have been canceled, all events scheduled after March 28th are expected to continue as planned. Please check your email for notifications and updates. Additional information regarding Columbus State's closings and class information can be found at: cscc.edu/coronavirus. Registration will resume as quickly as possible, please check back at a later date. We thank you for your interest in Columbus State Community College.