Payment Deferral Option for Summer 2018 is available starting May 18, 2018.
Students with unpaid tuition balances can sign up for and pay the $115.00 setup charge for the Payment Deferral Option until the fee payment deadline. This will defer the tuition due date until July 22, 2018.
Our Payment Deferral Option lets you defer your tuition and fees beyond the fee payment deadline and into the term. It’s a non-structured payment option with no established installment amounts, only a final due date, acceptance of a Statement of Financial Responsibility and a set-up payment of $115 is required. This will defer the tuition due date to July 22, 2018.
For a $115 non-refundable set-up charge, students can participate in the Payment Deferral Option. Additional requirements include:
- Students must have a class schedule for the semester.
- To avoid dropped classes, you must both select the Payment Deferral Option, and pay the $115 set-up charge before the Fee Payment Deadline. This selection process is done on CougarWeb, using the Make a Payment link. See illustration above.
Note: The last day to enroll in the Payment Deferral Option is the Fee Payment Deadline. You must select a new Payment Deferral Option each term.
The Payment Deferral Option may be right for you if:
- You need extra time to pay your balance in full.
- You agree to the terms and conditions of the Statement of Financial Responsibility.
- You meet the requirements as defined above.
The Payment Deferral Option allows you to pay tuition in one payment or in increments - there is not a fixed payment schedule or required minimum payment. Only students enrolled in credit courses for the current semester are eligible to participate.
Payment Deferral FAQ
The Payment Deferral Option may be used to pay tuition, lab fees and application, records and ID fee, online course fees, and technology and facilities fee only. Parking fees are not covered and must be paid separately.
Payment Deferral Option is not available for non-credit courses.
Yes, there is a nonrefundable set-up charge of $115 per term that is not applied to tuition costs. This amount is non-refundable after the fee payment deadline.
Using Make a Payment, select create a payment plan then immediately make the payment of the $115 set-up charge by the fee payment deadline is all that is required to protect your registration.
- If the set-up charge is not paid by the fee payment deadline, registered classes are subject to be dropped. If you decide not to attend after the $115 has been paid, you are responsible for dropping your classes.
- If you do not drop your classes before the end of the 100% refund period, you may still have a balance due after you drop your classes. Any refund of paid tuition and fees will be processed under standard refund guidelines. The $115 set-up charge is non-refundable after the fee payment deadline.
- If you have decided you no longer want to participate in the Payment Deferral Option after the $115 has been paid but before the fee payment deadline, contact Cashiers and Student Account either by phone (614) 287-5658 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, the tuition and fees balance can be paid in one payment or in increments, there is not a fixed payment schedule or required minimum payment. There is no penalty if the balance is paid early. The balance of all your charges must be paid by the established due date stated in the Deferred Payment Plan schedule.
Log-in to CougarWeb thru the Columbus State home page. The Payment Deferral Option is located under "Make a Payment" section. You only need to sign up one time per semester to participate.
The last day to create the Deferred Payment Plan and pay the set-up charge is the established fee payment Deadline for each semester. See Fee Payment Deadline.
You will need to have your CougarWeb username and password. You must also immediately pay a non-refundable $115 set-up charge prior to the fee payment deadline.
You must create the Deferred Payment Plan and pay the $115 set-up charge by the Semester’s Fee Payment Deadline date. Please visit the "Manage my Account" link in CougarWeb.
You will NOT receive bills in any form, e-mail or paper bill in the mail. You may receive a series of reminder emails regarding your tuition and fees balance due so check your Columbus State student e-mail regularly.
Your account balance will be available on CougarWeb at all times under "Manage My Account". You will be responsible for making your payment(s) by the timeline stated in the Payment Plan Schedule. Payments made online will prompt an e-mail receipt.
The Payment Deferral Option must be created through CougarWeb at " Make a Payment", however, payments can be made as following:
- Payment on CougarWeb
Log in to CougarWeb from the CSCC home page, click on "Manage My Account” to view the Payment Deferral Option set-up charge. You will be directed to the "Make A Payment" tab on "Manage My Account".
- Payment by Phone
By calling Columbus State's Telephone Information Center at 614- 287-5353, you can use your MasterCard, VISA, or Discover card to make your payment.
- Payment in Person
To make a payment in person, visit the Cashiers and Student Accounting Office located on the upper level of Rhodes Hall, Columbus Campus, during normal posted business hours at the Cashier's Office. They accept cash, check and credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover).
- Payment by Drop Box
You may also use the convenient drop box, located in Moeller Hall on the Delaware Campus (checks or money orders only – NO CASH in drop boxes!). When using the drop box, make sure all your information (name, Cougar ID number, address, and telephone number) is included on your check or money order, and that the check or money order is in a secure, sealed envelope. Please be mindful of our normal posted business hours at the Cashier's Office.
- If you do not make your $115 payment by the Fee Payment Deadline, your classes are subject to drop for non-payment and related charges will be reversed.
- If your tuition and fees are not paid in full by the timeline stated in the Statement of Financial Responsibility, you will be restricted from receiving your official transcripts, you may not be able to register for future terms until the balance is paid in full, and your account balance may be certified to the State of Ohio, Office of the Attorney General for collections.
Yes, the Payment Deferral Option does not prohibit registration changes. For registration changes that include dropping classes after the fee payment deadline, standard refund guidelines apply and charges for the classes dropped may not be refunded or reversed in full.
Regardless of course start and end dates, all tuition and fees must be paid by the timeline stated in the Statement of Financial Responsibility.
If registration for the classes occurs prior to the fee payment deadline, the Payment Deferral Option will protect flex and partial term classes from being dropped for non-payment.
If registration occurs after the fee payment deadline, the Payment Deferral Option is not an eligible payment option.
It depends on the amount of payments made as of the day the classes were dropped. If the tuition and fees are paid in full, refunds will be processed under standard refund guidelines. The Payment Deferral set-up charge will not be refunded if classes are dropped after the fee payment deadline. There could be a balance remaining if the classes are dropped after the 100% refund period.
Information can be obtained on Tuition Payment Options, by calling 614-287-5658, 614-287-5353, or e-mailing email@example.com.