Shawnee State University
Shawnee State University is a public, state-supported university located in Portsmouth, Ohio (approx. 2.5 hours south of downtown Columbus. Shawnee State was established in 1986 as a state university and has 80 bachelor's and associate's degree majors and 3,800 students on their campus. Shawnee State has open admission to all graduates of high school or GED recipients. Shawnee State guarantees tuition and fees for the student's entire time to degree at the university.
- Information about transferring to Shawnee State University
- View SSU Course Equivalencies for Columbus State Courses
- Information about Transfer Scholarships at Shawnee
- Apply to Shawnee
For more information about Shawnee State, please contact:
Assistant Director, Recruitment and Transfer
Phone: (740) 351-3262 or (740) 464-0956
- Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is available to students seeking the BSN. For more information, students should visit their website.
- Students who want more information about Shawnee's RN to BSN degree completion program should contact Stacey McWharter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Catherine Bailey (email@example.com)
Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways- A student who completes the associated AA or AS Bachelor's Degree Transfer major at Columbus State can follow the OGTP for the same major at the Shawnee State University. The Shawnee State University offers the following OGTPs for these Columbus State majors:
Coming Soon- Biology, Chemistry, English, Geology, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology (AA to BA), Sociology