STEM Summer Bridge Program
A head start in the STEM fields
Our STEM Summer Bridge Program is a tuition-free program designed to prepare Associate of Science majors for academic success at Columbus State.
Sign up by August 14 to get early exposure to college-level lab work and connect with fellow students in the STEM fields.
The 2020 STEM Summer Bridge Program
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Students are required to attend all sessions.
- The STEM Summer Bridge Program is provided at NO COST to participants.
- Connects you to a group of other incoming freshmen who share an interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Introduces you to campus clubs and activities, including the STEM club
- Provides unique connections with Columbus State faculty and staff
- Helps you bridge the gap between high school work and college curriculum and expectations
- Gives you an early exposure to the campus and classroom experience, including lab work and scientific research
- Focuses on important success factors including study skills, campus resources, time management and others
- Allows you to assess your academic level, providing individual guidance in areas of improvement
To qualify for the STEM Summer Bridge Program, you must:
- Be accepted to Columbus State as a freshman entering in Autumn 2020 and be declared an Associate of Science major
- Be able to attend all sessions over the one week period
Students with ACT scores of 22 or above in Math, and 19 or above in English will be given priority acceptance into the program.
For additional program information, email Program Coordinator Laura Shady.