Program Information Sessions
Information sessions are held several times a semester.
The application deadline for Autumn 2019 is:
THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2019
NOTE: Application must be postmarked on or before the March 1, 2019 due date to be considered for the 2019 admission year.
INFORMATION SESSION DATES FOR AUTUMN SEMESTER ENTRY 2018:
|Thursday, June 28, 2018||1 PM to 3 PM||Delaware Campus, Room: MO 111/112|
|Tuesday, July 10, 2018||10 am to 12 noon||Room: WD 241|
|Thursday, July 26, 2018||1 PM to 3 PM||Room: WD 241|
Admissions Worksheet This sheet allows you to calculate the courses you have taken, giving you an idea of where you would be point wise on the admissions scale. Note: This sheet is subject to change for the 2020 Admissions Year.
Check this page frequently for updates.
NOTE: THE SESSIONS BEGIN PROMPTLY AND THERE WILL BE NO ADMISSION AFTER THEY HAVE BEGUN.
NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR INFORMATION SESSIONS
For more information, contact the Medical Imaging department at email@example.com or by contacting the Health & Human Services Advising at (614) 287-2779.
- This admissions process applies to the class beginning Autumn Semester2019.
- Program Admissions are limited due to the availability of clinical teaching placements.
- The Medical Imaging program will begin every Autumn Semester and will be 5 consecutive Semesters in length.
- A competitive admissions process is applied when candidates meeting admission criteria exceed program capacity (21-24 students).
Step 1: Apply to Columbus State Community College
1. Complete the admissions process to Columbus State Community College. (www.cscc.edu or available at the Student Central Upper Level Madison Hall.
2. Declare pre-Medical Imaging as your major.
3. Application to the College is not the same as application to the Medical Imaging program. After you have been accepted to the College, you may then apply to the Medical Imaging program. For more information on applying to Columbus State, contact the Student Central at (614)287-5353, (800)621-6407, or go online and follow the ‘Get Started Guide'
Step 2: Attend a Medical Imaging Program information session
1. Information sessions are held several times a semester. (See above table for dates!)
2. Medical Imaging program applications are only issued at program information sessions. Program Information Sessions review the following information:
- Overview the Imaging professions, specifically radiography, nuclear medicine, and radiation therapy.
- Discuss specific aspects and career opportunities in the radiography profession. Review the Medical Imaging program Plan-of-Study curriculum
- Medical Imaging program admissions process and application.
- Identify additional resources at Columbus State that may assist in the student preparation.
- Update applicants of any program changes for the upcoming admissions deadline.
- Health and Human Service advisors are another excellent resource for program advising.
Step 3: Apply to the Radiography Program
The following steps apply when applying to the Medical Imaging program. They are explained in detail at the program information sessions.
1. Complete all sections of the program application.
2. Documentation of observation of a minimum of 16 hours in a radiology imaging department. Additional health care experience (employment, health care credentials, etc.) may also be considered and documented with letter from employer or resume’. Observation forms (4 parts) are included in the Medical Imaging program information session packet.
3. Submit a written statement of interest and intent. Two Paragraph, typed paper in your own words indicating your interest in the radiography profession.
4. Submit Compass Placement Test, or ACT test results (if applicable).
5. Submit HESI, Admission Assessment (A2) Test results. The results are provided at the end of the test. Appointments are limited.
Visit the Professional and Community Testing Center's web page for "Health Care Programs Admissions Tests" to schedule and pay ($65.00) for the HESI, A2 exam."
6. Completion of the achievement of a minimum of an overall GPA of 2.50 based on completed courses at Columbus State, other recent college transcripts, or high school transcripts. Only the GPA’s from college transcripts will be considered if a minimum of 24 credits have been completed
* Applicants previously dismissed from other health care related programs for academic or professional reasons will not be eligible for admission through the routine admission process and additional steps may be required.
Additional Program Information
1. Applications are available at Medical Imaging Program Information sessions.
2. Applications for the class beginning Autumn Semester have a Spring Semester deadline (i.e March 1, 2019 is the deadline for August 2019) . Only current completed applications submitted by the application deadline will be considered. All pre-requisites must be completed by the end of Autumn Semester, to receive points.
3. Applicants will be notified of their status in the program by mail approximately 4 weeks after the application deadline.
4. The program utilizes a competitive admissions process whereby the most qualified applicants are considered at the time of application.
5. Applicants for admission to the program will be evaluated based on the completion and submission of the following required admissions criteria in the admission envelope:
- Admission and Worksheet (Calculated)
- Attend information session (indicate on application)
- HESI-A2 results: Students are required to create an account to obtain a username and password at: www.evolve.elsevier.com
- Observation Hours
- Written Statement of Interest
- Course completion (with a ‘C or better)
Applicants, who have completed additional math/science courses, obtained other allied health or other advanced degrees may receive additional consideration. Additional recommended courses to complete prior to the application deadline include:
- General Education Courses
ENGL1100, (or Equivalent), COMM 1105/COMM 2200
- Basic Related Courses
- Other Math/Science Courses (unrelated to Medical Imaging Plan of Study)
- Other allied Health degree
- Completion of Associate, Bachelor, or Master’s degree
The Medical Imaging program Admissions Committee will make the final determination of acceptance into the program.
6. All application materials MUST be included in the large white Columbus State envelope you will be provided with at the information session. The Medical Imaging program Admissions Committee will not consider an application packet that is incomplete.
7. Accepted students will be required to have a background check, and drug testing completed prior to beginning Autumn Semester courses and they must be in good standing. Students will contact Castle Branch (formally Certified Background) for all testing; the cost is roughly $110.00. Students, who fail to complete the background check and drug testing requirements, will forfeit their seat in the program. This should not be done until after provisional acceptance has been received.
8. All students are required to have personal health insurance while attending all clinical courses. NOTE: CSCC does not offer health insurance.
9. Applicants are responsible for completion of all pre-requisite courses that pertain to the general (G) and basic related (B) courses on the program Plan-of-Study. Please consult the College Catalog.
10.To ensure timely processing, the admission committee recommends that testing and observation be completed by October of the previous year.
STUDENTS PLANNING FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO PROGRAM
Health & Human Services Advising Center
Location: Union Hall 477
Monday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 12 noon - 4 p.m.
To Schedule an Appointment Online with an HHS Advisor:
Log-in to Blackboard, find Health and Human Services Advising on the 2nd page of the Services catalog, and click "Schedule On line"
Questions for these advisors can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to protect student records and privacy, we ask that students email from their cscc.edu email address. Please include your CougarID number within your email inquiry.
ACCEPTANCE INTO PROGRAM
|Jeff Rowe||389 N Grant Ave Room 110||(614) email@example.com|
|Jerry Tyree||389 N Grant Ave Room 111||(614) firstname.lastname@example.org|