We encourage our students to apply for scholarships within Columbus State, with
external business and industry partners, and for first generation college students.
One of the program goals is to encourage all students not to take on loans of any
kind and to graduate with zero debt. Grants, tuition reimbursement and work study
opportunities assist with achieving this, however, scholarships remain a resume-building
mainstay method to achieve this goal.
To apply for any scholarships that you may be eligible for, simply visit our Scholarship Page.
The Columbus State Foundation
Twice each academic year, the CSCC Foundation provides scholarship opportunities to students. The amounts and type vary, and some are program specific, such as the following scholarships for Construction Management students:
- Construction Financial Management Association (Award: $500 - $2000)
- Construction Sciences (Award: up to $1000)
- Lewis R. Smoot Family (Award: up to $1000)
Many of the area trade associations and groups offer scholarship opportunities each year for program students. Most are applied for online, and require various elements to be submitted such as official transcripts, letters of recommendations and essays. Some of these area trade associates and groups are:
- Associated General Contractors of Ohio
- Building Industry Association
- Central Ohio Builders Exchange
- Columbus Chapter, Construction Specifications Institute
- Columbus Chapter #86, National Association of Women in Construction
- National Association of Home Remodeling
- Ohio Space Grant Consortium
- Ohio Contractors’ Association
Over the past ten years, our students have been awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships. On average, for every three accepted applications, students are successful two times. Here are a few examples:
- Brian Albright graduated with AAS degrees in Construction Management and Architecture, transferring to Franklin University’s BS Applied Management program. His CSCC education has been completely covered by scholarships.
- The Dean M. Bortz, CSI CDT Scholarship from Columbus Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute began in 2012 to recognize excellence in the design-build-maintain arena. The 2017 recipients were Bonnie Coleman and Ryan Stillion.
- The Central Ohio Builders’ Exchange Foundation program has awarded over $1 million dollars to area two- and four-year college students since 1957. Since 2004, the majority of two-year awards go to CSCC students, primarily Construction Management.