Disability Services (DS) provides testing services for all students who are registered with DS and have been approved for testing accommodations.
Accommodations are available on the placement tests to students who have a documented disability. For more information, please reference our Accommodated Placement Test FAQs.
If you have questions regarding any of our testing procedures, contact the testing desk at:
Step 1: Email your Letter of Accommodation (LOA) to your Instructor
- Students are required to provide a copy of their LOA to their instructor(s) prior to receiving testing accommodations.
- Can't find the LOA your DS Advocate originally sent you? No problem! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a digital copy of your LOA. You can then forward this LOA on to all of your instructor(s) each semester.
Step 2: Complete a STAR form
- Students are required to submit a Student Testing Agreement Request (STAR) form to Disability Services for each of their classes. Students must fill out a separate STAR form for each class, and should only submit one STAR form per class each semester.
- Go to the link below and fill out the requested information on the form:
- Once you complete the form and click submit, a copy of your STAR form will be processed by DS testing staff and sent to you and your instructor.
- Any changes (accommodations, testing location, etc.) you need to make to your STAR form(s) should be communicated to DS Staff via phone (614-287-5089). Please do NOT submit additional STAR form(s), as they will not be processed.
Step 3: Schedule your tests
- You are responsible for making an appointment for each test/quiz.
- You may schedule your tests in person, by calling 614-287-5089, or using our online testing appointment form.
- Testing appointments must be made at least 2 business days before each exam.
- Students are encouraged to schedule for finals week as far in advance as possible; testing slots for finals weeks fill quickly.
- Students are encouraged to provide instructors with a friendly reminder of their upcoming testing appointments 3-5 days beforehand.
Testing Desk Hours:
|Monday:||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday:||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday:||9:00am - 4:30pm|
**Students arriving less than 1 hour prior to close will be issued a Test Denial.