Accommodated Academic Testing: No More STARs!
The CSCC testing centers are streamlining processes. Student Testing Agreement Request
(STAR) Forms are no longer required! This means it is more important than ever that
you provide instructors with proof of accommodation. Please provide a copy of your
Letter of Accommodation (LOA) to each of your instructors and take the opportunity
to discuss accommodation needs with them as early as possible. This will allow instructors
sufficient time to submit exams for the term.
Testing Location Updates
Columbus Campus is working towards consolidating all testing into a single location in the Workforce Development (WD) building. All students who have been utilizing the main testing room of Eibling Hall will now be using the WD 223 location for all exams. The WD space will now provide accommodations previously only available in Eibling’s main testing room. (Accommodations requiring private space will still be provided in Eibling Hall until further notice.)
All testing accommodations (including private room) remain available to students utilizing
the Delaware Campus and/or Dublin RLC Testing Centers. Please visit the Academic Testing
webpage for more information on the CSCC Testing Center locations & hours of operation.
Exam Scheduling Updates
All students will now schedule exam appointments directly using the new RegisterBlast scheduling system. RegisterBlast contains a record of each student’s approved accommodations. When scheduling an appointment, simply choose the accommodations you need for each test and they will be available upon check-in for that appointment.
Reminder: All CSCC testing centers are available by appointment only. Please use the following link to schedule any exams or quizzes: https://registerblast.com/csccacademic
Accommodated Placement Testing:
Whenever possible, the College is using alternative methods to place students in the best-fit courses for their academic success. However, if it is determined you need to take a placement test through Columbus State, please note that the Reading, Writing, & Math placement tests are untimed. Appropriate accommodations beyond extra time may be available for students who have submitted documentation to the Accessibility Services office. For additional information, please visit Columbus State's Placement Testing webpage.
Accessibility & Testing provides testing services for all students who are registered with Accessibility Services and have been approved for testing accommodations.
If you have questions regarding any of our testing procedures, contact the testing desk at:
Step 1: Email your Letter of Accommodation (LOA) to your Instructor
- Students are required to provide a copy of their LOA to their instructor(s) prior to receiving testing accommodations.
- Can't find the LOA your Access Advisor originally sent you? No problem! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a digital copy of your LOA. You can then forward this LOA on to all of your instructor(s) each semester.
Step 2: Schedule your exams/quizzes via RegisterBlast
- All students are required to schedule exam appointments using the RegisterBlast scheduling system. RegisterBlast contains a record of each student’s approved accommodations. When scheduling an appointment, simply choose the accommodations you need for each test and they will be available upon check-in for that appointment. Visit our academic testing website for more information on how to schedule an exam appointment in RegisterBlast.
- If you experience problems scheduling your appointment, please call the Testing Center at (614) 287-5750.
Step 3: Preparing for tests
- All students are encouraged to politely remind their instructors to set accommodations for exams one week before each test.
- Students with an audio accommodation can access this by utilizing Read&Write software. Instructions for downloading and installing this program so it can be used when testing in the virtual environment can be found at the bottom of our Alternate Media page. Please review our detailed guide for using Read & Write while testing before beginning the first exam.
- Accessibility & Testing Staff are available to assist students, faculty, and staff as needed. Feel free to contact us via phone (614-287-5750), or email (email@example.com).
AUTUMN 2023 FINALS WEEK (DECEMBER 10 - 16) - Eibling Testing center Hours (Private room use only):
Eibling Testing center Hours (Private room use only):
|Monday:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday:||9:00am - 3:00pm|
|Last Saturday of the Month:||9:00am - 12:00noon|
**No tests will begin less than 2 hours prior to close. Tests must be completed by closing time.