Accommodated Academic Testing:
Disability Services is supporting at-home testing, due to current social distancing guidelines. You are still eligible for your testing accommodations. Make sure that you have provided your Letter of Accommodation to your instructors and completed your STAR Form for each class.
Accommodated Placement Testing:
Columbus State has temporarily suspended in-person placement testing because of the health risks during COVID-19. Instead, the College is using alternative methods to place students in the best-fit courses for their academic success. For additional information, please visit Columbus State's Placement Testing webpage.
Disability Services (DS) provides testing services for all students who are registered with DS and have been approved for testing accommodations.
If you have questions regarding any of our testing procedures, contact the testing desk at:
Step 1: Email your Letter of Accommodation (LOA) to your Instructor
- Students are required to provide a copy of their LOA to their instructor(s) prior to receiving testing accommodations.
- Can't find the LOA your DS Advocate originally sent you? No problem! Email email@example.com to request a digital copy of your LOA. You can then forward this LOA on to all of your instructor(s) each semester.
Step 2: Complete a STAR form
- Students are required to submit a Student Testing Agreement Request (STAR) form to Disability Services for each of their classes. Students must fill out a separate STAR form for each class, and should only submit one STAR form per class each semester.
- Go to the link below and fill out the requested information on the form:
- Once you complete the form and click submit, a copy of your STAR form will be processed by DS testing staff and sent to you and your instructor.
- Any changes (accommodations, testing location, etc.) you need to make to your STAR form(s) should be communicated to DS Staff via phone (614-287-5089). Please do NOT submit additional STAR form(s), as they will not be processed.
Step 3: Preparing for tests
- Due to COVID-19, all CSCC testing centers are currently closed. Students may still receive testing accommodations during this time.
- All students are encouraged to politely remind their instructors to set accommodations for exams 3-5 days before each test.
- Students with an audio accommodation can access this by utilizing Read&Write software. Instructions for downloading and installing this program can be found at the bottom of our Alternate Media page. Please review our detailed guide for using Read & Write while testing before beginning the first exam.
- DS Staff are available to assist students, faculty, and staff as needed. Feel free to contact us via phone (614-287-5089 press 3), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Testing Desk Hours:
|Monday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday:||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday:||9:00am - 4:30pm|
**Students arriving less than 1 hour prior to close will be issued a Test Denial.