Columbus State Community College offers a wide range of support to encourage the enrollment of people with disabilities. Located in Eibling Hall 101, the Disability Services Office provides services to qualified students with disabilities for all Columbus State locations.
Employee accommodation requests should be directed to the ADA Program Coordinator, Michael Hicks.
Disability Services Quick Reference
Step 1: Obtain disability documentation
Common forms of documentation include, but are not limited to:
- An IEP and ETR or 504 Plan
Step 2: Submit your documentation for review by a Disability Services (DS) Advocate.
- Drop it off to Disability Services in Eibling Hall 101 (Columbus Campus)
- Email it to DSdocumentation@cscc.edu
Step 3: Check your email for an invitation to your intake meeting.
Services we provide
- Student Advocacy
- Testing Accommodations (extended time, audio, distraction-reduced testing space, height adjustable desks, etc.)
- Assistive Technology
- Alternate Media (E-text, Braille, Large print)
- Sign Language Interpreting
- Captioning Services
- Note-Taking Accommodations
- Temporary Services (e.g. due to an injury, accident, or short-term illness)
- Resources on Disability Issues
- Other Services Based on Need
Hours of Operation
Advocate Intake Hours (By Appointment only) **
**Walk-in appointments available with Advocates 8:30am-4:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; 9:00am-4:00pm Friday.
Testing Center Hours*
*Students arriving less than 1 hour prior to close will be issued a Test Denial. Tests must be completed by closing time.
DS Test Administration Request Form (please download to obtain fillable PDF)