Career Tool Kit
The Career Tool Kit is a collection of resources to help you choose, build, and plan your career.
Career Exploration and Decision Making
Take a career assessment, choose a major, research careers and labor market information.
- Access Code is Cougars
- Take an in-depth career interest and personality assessment
- Take a quick career interest assessment
- Research Columbus regional labor market information, including salary, job growth, and local employers.
- Research State of Ohio labor market information, including salary and job growth.
Research national labor market information, including salary and job growth.
- Job shadowing allows students to observe trained professionals in their career field of interest.
- Job Shadowing Overview
An informational interview is a conversation to seek advice from experienced professionals in your career field of interest.
Volunteering can help you learn more about a company or a career field.
Career Planning and Job Search
Develop a resume, practice interview skills, and search
for a job or internship.
- Search and apply for jobs posted by Columbus area employers.
- For Business and Interactive Media,
Justice and Safety, Construction
and Engineering programs of study
Twenty-First Century Skills/Career Readiness
View online training modules focusing on transferable skills that employers
view as critical for employees to possess. These skills will increase your
value to an employer.
- Chronological Resume Template
- Functional Resume Template
- Combination Resume Template
- Resume Action Verbs