Career Tool Kit
The Career Tool Kit is a collection of resources to help you choose, build, and plan your career.
Career Exploration and Decision Making
Take a career assessment, choose a major, research careers and labor market information.
- Access Code is Cougars
- Take an in-depth career interest and personality assessment
- Take a quick career interest assessment
- Research Columbus regional labor market information, including salary, job growth, and local employers.
- Research State of Ohio labor market information, including salary and job growth.
Research national labor market information, including salary and job growth.
Use this resource to explore career options within a particular major.
- Please note: Not all CSCC majors are represented in this list which was created by an outside vendor. You should try exploring majors that are closely related to the one you are targeting - contact a career counselor if you need help.
- The careers listed are typical for the major, but do not represent a comprehensive list. For more career ideas, explore other, related majors. And remember -- people find and create unique career paths that have nothing to do with their major.
- Job shadowing allows students to observe trained professionals in their career field of interest.
- Job Shadowing Overview
An informational interview is a conversation to seek advice from experienced professionals in your career field of interest.
Volunteering can help you learn more about a company or a career field.
Career Planning and Job Search
Develop a resume, practice interview skills, and search
for a job or internship.
- Search Jobs
- Search Internships
- Practice Interview Skills
- Search and apply for jobs posted by Columbus area employers.
- For Business and Interactive Media,
Justice and Safety, Construction
and Engineering programs of study
- Chronological Resume Template
- Functional Resume Template
- Combination Resume Template
- Resume Action Verbs