Career Services Mentorship Program
The Mentorship Program matches students with career professionals in a related field of interest. Students will gain a close-up view of the daily tasks, rewards, and challenges of their chosen career, as well as establish an ongoing relationship with a professional in their field of interest.
Benefits of Participating in the Career Services Mentorship Program:
- Gain career/profession insight
- Explore ways to develop leadership skills
- Expand professional experiences
- Set short term and long term goals
- Mentees who complete the program are eligible to put the experience on their co-curricular transcript and/or resume.
- All Mentee/Mentor pairs will be invited to attend an end of the year graduation to celebrate the successes of the program.
What is required from a Mentee?
- Be able to commit to a full year (Autumn and Spring semesters) of participation
- Attend an orientation session in October to review the program
- Meet with his or her mentor at least 4 times throughout the year (in person, by phone, by video chat, or by email)
- Complete career readiness activities and turn them into the Mentorship Coordinator
- Attend monthly meetings to discuss different career related topics
How do I register?
Registration opens at the beginning of each Autumn semester and is limited.
Contact the Mentorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.