Career Mentor Information
The Mentorship Program matches students with career professionals in a related field of interest. Students will gain a close-up view of the daily tasks, rewards, and challenges of their chosen career, as well as establish an ongoing relationship with a professional in their field of interest.
Benefits of Serving as a Mentor:
- Help students improve their career readiness through gaining professional insight, building leadership skills, expanding their professional experiences, and setting short and long term goals
- Connect with Columbus State students who are interested in your career field
- Increase personal leadership abilities and gain a professional experience to add to your resume
- Professional development opportunities to grow as a mentor
- Attend an end of the year graduation to celebrate your mentee's success
What is required from a Mentor?
- Commit to a full year of participation and meet with a student mentee a minimum of 4 times throughout that time period (in person, by phone, by video chat, or by email)
- Log all meeting interactions with the Mentorship Coordinator
How do I register?
Registration opens at the beginning of each Autumn semester and is limited.
Contact the Mentorship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.