ALEKS Math Placement Results
Columbus State has temporarily suspended in-person placement testing because of the health risks during COVID-19. Instead, the College is using alternative methods to place students in the best-fit courses for their academic success. Learn more at the Placement Testing homepage.
Thank you for taking your ALEKS Math Placement Test.
- Your score is an official placement score that will be used to determine what math class you begin at Columbus State.
- Remember that you can re-take the placement assessment up to a total of 4 times at
no charge if you are not happy with your score. You must spend at least 5 hours working
in your Prep and Learning Module between each new attempt at the placement assessment.
- A few hours of focused preparation now may improve your placement score and allow you to bypass one or more semesters of pre-college mathematics courses, which will save you both time and money.
- Your Prep and Learning Module is found within ALEKS, which can be accessed by clicking "Mathematics Placement Testing and Preparation" on CougarWeb.
- The table below shows which placement group you are in.
- Click on the appropriate link for your level to see the corresponding placement guide. Print your guide and take it to Orientation or to your appointment with an Academic Advisor.
|0-6||Placement Group A1||DEV 0114, MATH 1099|
|7-13||Placement Group A2||DEV 0114, MATH 1099|
|14-29||Placement Group B||MATH 1024, 1025, 1050, 1099, 1103, or 1109|
|30-45||Placement Group C||MATH 1075, 1099, 1101, 1104, 1111, 1115, 1122, 1146
STAT 1350, 1400
|46-57||Placement Group D1||MATH 1123, 1125, 1130, or 1148|
|58-60||Placement Group E||MATH 1150|
|61-75||Placement Group F||MATH 1131, 1149
|76-100||Placement Group G||MATH 1151|