About Capital University
Founded in 1830, Capital University is a private four-year undergraduate institution and graduate school located in the Columbus, Ohio, neighborhood of Bexley (about 5-10 minutes due east of downtown Columbus). Capital is a comprehensive, independent university grounded in the Lutheran tradition. With a focus on rigor and experiential learning, Capital capitalizes on their size, location, and heritage to develop the whole person, both inside and outside the classroom. Capital has over 60 majors and 3600 students who attend classes on their campus during the daytime and evenings. Capital has two different "transfer" programs. The first is the traditional transfer option into Capital's full-time day academic programs. The second is the adult degree completion option that is available for full or part-time enrollment during the day, evenings, or weekends.
Benefits for Columbus State Graduates
- Students who graduate with the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree will meet all of Capital's general education requirements (regardless of course selection) with the exception of two courses.
- Students who have earned associate's degrees will be eligible to transfer any "D" grades and apply them to their degree where applicable. Students who have not earned a degree will need grades of "C" or higher for transfer.
- Many different scholarships available to incoming transfer students including the new, "GOOD Guarantee" available to traditional full-time undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor's degree and work in the non-profit or public sector or whose parents work in those same sectors.
Information for Columbus State Students
- General education equivalency guide outlining which Columbus State classes are equivalent to Capital's general education
- Departmental courses equivalency guide outlining which Columbus State classes are equivalent to Capital's classes. Other Columbus State courses may transfer, but those will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis upon acceptance to Capital. Capital is also now on Transferology and new and updated equivalencies will be seen there.
Capital University Contacts for Columbus State Students
Deanna Bond and Craig Sohl are both Associate Directors for Transfer Recruitment at Capital University. Deanna works with the traditional daytime transfer students and Craig works with both traditional transfer and adult degree completion students. Either Craig or Deanna will be on campus at least once a week. See the schedule below for confirmation on dates and times when they will be visiting the Transfer Center in Aquinas Hall 126 or setting up a table in one of the buildings on campus. Both Deanna and Craig welcome students who are just beginning their studies at Columbus State to those who have already graduated and are planning on transferring to Capital University. Students may also contact them via phone at 614.236.6228 (Deanna) or 614.236.6689 (Craig) to answer any questions at other times.
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Accounting||Associate of Arts||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Business Management||AAS in Business Managment||3+1|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Business Management||Associate of Arts||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Communications||AA-Communications Bachelor's Degree Transfer Major||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Criminology||AAS in Criminal Justice-Probation & Supervision Track||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Criminology||AA Criminology Bachelor's Degree Transfer Major||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Early Childhood Education||AAS Early Childhood Development and Education||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Exercise Science||AAS Sports and Exercise Studies- Exercise Science Track||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Marketing||Associate of Arts||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Psychology||AA Psychology Bachelor's Degree Transfer Major||2+2|
|BSW||Bachelor of Social Work||Associate of Arts||2+2|
|BSW||Bachelor of Social Work||AAS in Social and Human Services||2+2|
|BA||Bachelor of Arts, Sociology||AA Sociology Bachelor's Degree Transfer Major||2+2|