Register for Classes
At Columbus State, there are several resources to help you find classes and register. Check in with your advisors and degree audit often to make sure you're on track to graduate.
Jump to: How to Register for Classes | Find your Classes / Advising | Class Types – Online and In-Person | Dates & Deadlines | Questions & Help
How to Register for Classes
1. Log into CougarWeb and click "Course Search"
2. Search for Classes
Enter the course information in the Advanced Course Search field.
3. Add to Schedule Builder
View available sections. Once the course is selected, click “Add to Schedule Builder.” Repeat for more courses.
4. Register for Classes
Once all your classes have been added to the Schedule Builder on the Academics tab, click “Add & Drop Classes / View Schedule.” Review your schedule. Finalize your schedule by clicking “Register Now."
Telephone Registration: To register for classes over the phone, call the Telephone Information Center at (614) 287-5353 to speak to a representative during business hours.
In-Person Registration: To register in person, present a completed and signed Registration Add/Drop Form.
Find Your Classes / Advising
The Catalog search tool contains plans of study for all degrees and certificates, as well as course descriptions.
Talk to an Academic Advisor to choose the classes you need to graduate. Advisors can help you maximize your credits and get you to graduation quicker.
My Academic Plan and Degree Audit
Use My Academic Plan and Degree Audit to see how close you are to graduation and which classes you still need. Get a customized plan based on your transcript.
My Academic Plan and Degree Audit User Guide
Class Types – Online and In-Person
Columbus State offers a wide variety of course formats, including in-person, online, and a blend of the two. Some classes feature live online teaching, or require in-person exams. Use this chart to check your course type.
Dates & Deadlines:
* Please refer to the Academic Calendar for all Registration Periods, Refund Deadlines, Fee Payment Deadlines, Drop for Non-Payment Dates and other important information.
Registration begins: View the Academic Calendar for registration dates.
- The first day the class meets for in-person classes.
- The first day of the semester for online classes.
If you have any questions about the registration process you may contact:
- Student Central to chat with a Specialist. Visit the Student Central page for online chat hours.
- The Telephone Information Center (TIC) Monday and Tuesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the last Saturday of the month, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon). Locally, dial (614) 287-5353. All other calls should go to (800) 621-2407.