Et al. Journal
An Online Journal of Excellence in Writing Across the Curriculum
A publication of the Columbus State Community College Writing Centers
For excellence, the presence of others is always required.
– Philosopher Hannah Arendt
About the Journal
Et al. (Latin for "and others") is a journal that celebrates individual excellence in student
writing while also acknowledging the "others" who contribute to that excellence—teachers,
tutors, mentors, classmates. By showcasing successful student writing from across
campus, Et al. seeks to inspire students in all fields of study to appreciate writing
as a means of learning, collaborating, and achieving.
Read Volume IX right now.
Call for Submissions
The editors of Et al. accept submissions of student-written works created in response to any writing assignment
given in any class at Columbus State. Examples of submissions include:
- Reviews written for humanities classes.
- Case studies for social science classes.
- Research reports for engineering classes.
- Arguments for English classes.
- Lab reports for biology classes.
- Any other kind of writing produced for a Columbus State class.
For information about submitting to the journal, or for general questions about the
journal, contact the Et al. Coodinator: