Student Support Services
We are committed to being a vital part of your academic success here at Columbus State.
Eligible participants in the Student Services Programs receive one-to-one coaching
on a regular basis, access to tutoring and mentoring, and many other academic-related
The Student Support Services Programs are federally funded grant programs serving the eligible Columbus State Community College population. SSS/SSS STEM are part of the federally funded TRIO Programs.
For more information, visit Federal TRIO Programs.
- Academic Coaching
- Tutorial Services
- Career and Personal Advising
- Assistance in completing the financial aid process
- Opportunities to participate in cultural and educational enrichment activities
- Workshops designed to meet the academic needs of the students
Students interested in pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and math will be enrolled in Columbus State’s SSS-STEM program. This program will offer the same level of academic coaching, tutoring opportunities, and advising as students in the SSS program with a focus on STEM-related fields.
To apply, follow the regular SSS application process. We'll assign you to the right group.
Any American citizen or permanent resident student is eligible to participate in the Student Support Services Program if enrolled at Columbus State Community College and meets both of the following conditions:
- “First Generation” college student ( neither parent has obtained a bachelor’s degree).
- Family taxable income does not exceed federal level determined by the U.S. Department of Education.
Lori Billenstein- Director of TRIO Programs and Special Projects
Ph. 614- 287-5875
Stacey Rogers - SSS/SSS STEM Manager
Dave Ewans - SSS Academic Coach
Carla Burnett - SSS Academic Coach
Stephanie Farris-SSS/SSS STEM Learning Support Specialist
Brian Dixon-SSS STEM Academic Coach
TBD-SSS STEM Academic Coach
* Please contact staff members directly for hours of service