- Columbus State's financial aid school code is: 006867
- Financial aid credit balances (refunds) released to students beginning October 4, 2019. Sign up for direct deposit (Bank Information U.S) on CougarWeb for faster processing time!
- Additional Financial Aid Disbursement Information can be found here.
- Mark your calendars! The 2020-21 FAFSA application opens October 1st! (Autumn 2020- Summer 2021 semesters)
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available on a new phone app, called myStudentAid. Financial Aid Steps
File Your FAFSA First!
Get your Financial Aid Award Letter EARLIER!
You can file your FAFSA for the upcoming school year as early as October 1 of the previous year. Make sure you are completing the correct FAFSA year application!
Submitting your FAFSA early helps you meet deadlines and maximize your aid!
Financial Aid Quick Reference
Applying for Financial Aid can be intimidating, but we're here to help. Here's a quick overview of the process.
Step 1: Apply for Admission at Columbus State and fill out your FAFSA.
Step. 2: Complete your FAFSA (There may be some extra questions as you go through the process.
Step. 3: Review your financial aid award letter. Choose if you want to take out loans.
Step. 4: Receive Financial Aid
There are many options for paying for college, such as:
- Federal Work Study
Popular Financial Aid Videos
Financial Aid Fraud Notice
Columbus State Community College follows established guidelines for the prevention, identification of and response to indications of identity theft and financial aid fraud. This notice provides a summary of student rights, responsibilities and preventative measures regarding financial aid fraud. Fraud Notification