Family Care and Student Parent Resources
College and parenting are both challenging and rewarding. Below are some resources that may be useful.
Student Parent New Resources
Resources are added frequently, so be sure to check back often!
Student Parent College Resources
- Counseling Services - Counseling Services is providing teletherapy during COVID-19. We can be reached at 614-287-2818 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lactation room, located in the basement of Nestor Hall, 109B
Student Parent Community Resources
- Lutheran Social Services
- Job & Family Services
- Legal Support
- Health Care
- Financial Literacy / Wellness
- Publicly Funded Child Care (Title XX) - Franklin County Department of Job & Family Services is offering Columbus State students the ability to explore their eligibility for public benefits in person or over the phone. Click HERE to schedule an appointment.
- Nationwide Children’s Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) gives parents and caregivers of children 0 to 8 years old new ideas and a chance to meet other parents. Please see upcoming small group sessions that are free and virtual.
- Motherful - supports, empowers, and nurtures single mothers and their families in Columbus, Ohio by providing resources, community and education
- Franklin County Skill Boost- is aimed at assisting individuals recently affected by employment shutdown due to the Corona Crisis and are experiencing financial challenges:
- Positive Parenting Workshops (Action for Children):-Action for Children offers several programs and workshops for parents to learn and develop new skills to help them.
- Bloom - A free store serving families with young children in Columbus, Ohio. Our store opens twice per month. Shop for free baby items including clothes, accessories and toys. Please complete the registration form before you arrive. (Curbside pick up is available for diapers and wipes only.)
- PRC Emergency Assistance - Franklin County's Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) Plus Rental Assistance program provides one-time rental assistance payments for eligible families struggling to meet rent or facing eviction as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Student Parent Newsletter