What is Women's Connection?
Women's Connection is a student success program that focuses on fostering character building, leadership development as well as personal, intellectual and relational growth of participants. Opportunities are provided for students to network and build relationships with their peers and employee mentors. Participants engage in visible activities on campus and the Columbus community while accessing resources to make strategic decisions about their future. Check us out on Cougar Connect!
Who is eligible to participate in Women's Connection?
Any student currently enrolled in classes at Columbus State and identifies as female or non-binary is eligible to participate in Women's Connection. Students are accepted into the program on a first come first serve basis after completing an application with the Office of Global Diversity and Inclusion. After the 50 spots have been filled, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list, and notified when space is available.
What are the benefits of Women's Connection?
- Connection Building & Self Empowerment
- Leadership Development
- $250.00 scholarship per semester
- Fun Activities and Events
- Graduation success planning
- Women's HERstory Leadership Awards
- Annual Women's Leadership Summit
What is required of Women's Connection participants?
- Completion of online application
- Participation in an orientation session
- Participation in academic advising and graduation plan
- Attendance at a monthly Core Group discussions
- Service/ attendance at special events
APPLY TO BE A MEMBER OF WOMEN'S CONNECTION
Click here to complete the online Women's Connection student application.
Click here if you would like to serve as a faculty or staff mentor for Women's Connection.
For more information about Women's Connection, please contact Katrina de los Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.287.2861