Real Estate Program
The real estate certificate program is offered at both the Columbus State Columbus Campus and the Delaware Campus. The program consists of four courses that qualify students to take the state of Ohio real estate exam. Completion of all requirements can lead to careers as real estate agents, investors, brokers, realtors, or related positions in real estate and property management.
You can continue your education by obtaining an Associate of Applied Science degree in real estate or just take classes for personal use or knowledge.
For more information please see Plans of Study.
How to Become a Licensed Real Estate Agent:
- Complete and pass the four pre-licensing courses (120 classroom hours) required by
the state of Ohio by enrolling at Columbus State. The required classes are:
REAL1011 Real Estate Principles and Practice (3 credit hours, 45 classroom hours) REAL1012 Real Estate Law (3 credit hours, 45 classroom hours) REAL1013 Real Estate Finance (2 credit hours, 30 classroom hours) REAL1014 Real Estate Appraisal (2 credit hours, 30 classroom hours)
- Each course is offered different times every semester. Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes are available.
- Classes are offered at several suburban Columbus State centers.
- You may take all four courses within one semester (15 weeks during autumn and spring; 10 weeks during summer term) or spread them out over several terms.
- 8-week term classes may be available (see schedule)
- You may take the classes in any combination that fits your needs.
- Find a real estate broker to sponsor you for the state-licensing exam.
- Apply to the state to take your licensing exam.
- Pass the test and begin your new career!
Real Estate Associate Degree (Associate of Applied Science)
Designed for those who are pursuing a career in real estate. This course of study fulfills sales agent and broker educational requirements and provides classes for life-long learning. Please see Plan of Study.
Real Estate Program
Columbus Campus Coordinator
Delaware Campus Coordinator