Columbus State's Honors Program gives high-ability students in Arts & Sciences, or Career & Technical programs the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who desire the benefits of rigorous curriculum and heightened student and faculty interaction.
Priority Deadline Extended! The priority deadline to apply to the Honors Program and scholarship is April 15 (Final deadline: May 31). Eligibility Criteria
Learn More by Attending an Upcoming Honors Info Session
Join us for an information session to discover why the Honors Program at Columbus State is ideal for high-achieving, highly motivated students like you!
Honors Information Sessions
Click the date below to register:
Columbus State Honors students benefit from:
- An Honors cohort of students who take Honors-level classes as a group
- Faculty mentorship, providing one-on-one interaction with your assigned faculty mentor
- Co-curricular lectures and activities
- Specialized research/project opportunities
- Field trip and travel opportunities
- Community projects and connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- Honors designation on transcript and special recognition at graduation
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to four-year colleges/universities
Honors course offerings include, but are not limited to:
Honors Program Scholarship
Incoming freshmen admitted to the Honors Program will be considered for a scholarship up to $2,000 per academic year, renewable for two years. For priority scholarship consideration, Honors Program applications must be received April 15, 2019. Applications received April 16-May 31 will be considered for scholarships as funds remain. Final application date is May 31, 2019.