Homeschool & Nonpublic School Families
The Ohio Department of Education’s deadline to apply for College Credit Plus funding for the 2019-20 Academic Year has passed.
1. Intent to Participate
- Download the nonpublic school or homeschool Intent to Participate form
- Complete the form for each student in the household
- Submit the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: THIS FORM MUST BE EMAILED BY APRIL 1, 2020
2. SAFE Account
- Create a SAFE Account for Parent or Guardian (this is not an account for the student)
- Provide driver’s license and date of birth for the account holder (parent or guardian)
- Receive confirmation of account activation within five business days
Note: The SAFE Account can be set up at any time.
3. College Credit Plus Funding Application
- Log into the SAFE account and request access to the College Credit Plus funding application
- Complete each section of the funding application
- Upload documents:
- College or university acceptance letter
- For returning students, a good academic standing notice or letter
- For home schooled students, a letter from the district superintendent excusing the student from compulsory attendance requirements
- Download instructions and FAQs to assist with completing the application
Note: The funding application is available from February 28 to April 12, 2020.
The last day to apply to Columbus State in time to get a conditional letter of acceptance is April 10.
4. Submit Application
- Change application status to “Submitted” before the deadline, April 12, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Receive and retain the confirmation email
- Repeat the funding application process (steps 3 & 4) for each student in the household
DEADLINE: THE FUNDING APPLICATION MUST BE IN SUBMITTED STATUS BY APRIL 12, 2020 AT 5 P.M.
(No exceptions and no extensions are available.)
Funding awards will be available by mid-May. Check your email for notifications.