Columbus State Votes 2020
Campus News | Thursday, September 10, 2020
With the presidential election quickly approaching the United States, Columbus State's Student Democratic Engagement Committee is encouraging faculty, staff, and students to participate in the political process.
In March, the Columbus State joined the National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) initiative through the institute for Democracy and Higher Education at Tufts University. Joining the initiative was an important step to learn more about students’ voting registration and participation rates. According to a past NSLVE report, students at two-year institutions have lower voting rates than students at other institutions of higher learning. Columbus State can attempt to begin the effort to change that.
Make a plan today to vote in the November 3 election. Go to VoteOhio.gov for voting information.
Check out the Columbus State Library's Voting Information Page.
See Columbus State’s full Voter Friendly Campus Plan.
The plan provides a full Calendar of Events for Autumn Semester. Highlights include:
- September 21-25 – Political Engagement Week
- September 22 – National Voter Registration Day events
- October 5 – Last day to register to vote for general election
- October 6-November 2 – Early voting begins
- October 31 – Absentee ballot requests due
- November 3 – Election Day