Weiler Scholars Program
The Weiler Scholars Program provides a unique combination of scholarship, mentorship, and support services to remove barriers to education and help our students succeed. With the support of the program, and other aid resources such as the federal Pell Grant, Weiler Scholars can earn their associate degree at Columbus State debt free!
This program is for recent high school graduates who desire to earn an associate degree from Columbus State, then transfer on to earn a bachelor’s degree.
The deadline to apply for the Autumn 2022 cohort is May 1. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated throughout the application window, so applying early is encouraged.
- Program provides scholarship funding to offset the student’s tuition and general fees not covered by the Federal Pell Grant or other aid resources
- Students can receive a $2000 scholarship for up to two years (4 semesters total)
- Mentorship and holistic support provided by faculty, staff, peers, and program director
- Activities and events that enhance classroom learning
- Weiler Scholars are matched to professional mentors within the community who are working in careers that match the students’ field of study
- A debt-free associate degree at CSCC
- $5,000 CSCC Weiler Scholars Associate Degree Transfer Scholarship – (AU - $2,500 & SP - $2,500)
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Be a 2021 or 2022 year high school graduate from any Central Ohio school district (Including Franklin, Delaware, Madison, Union counties).
- Have a final high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be enrolled in an associate degree program at Columbus State with the intent to graduate from CSCC, then immediately transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
Priority admission is given to underrepresented minorities and first generation students
Complete the free Columbus State Admissions application at cscc.edu/apply
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) at fafsa.ed.gov
Request that SAT or ACT scores be submitted directly to the college
Email your most recent high school transcript to email@example.com
Request that your official final transcript be sent to Columbus State
Students that are accepted into the program will receive their notice of acceptance by July 30 of the current year.
To be successful in the program and meet renewal criteria, students must:
- Maintain full-time enrollment in an associate degree program at Columbus State and graduate in two years (summer semester enrollment may be required to meet graduation deadline).
- Enroll in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college or university immediately following graduation at Columbus State.
- Attend New Student Orientation at Columbus State
- Participate in monthly support meetings
- Attend advising/tutor appointments as assigned
- Meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP)
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Maintain good standing with the College