Columbus State Community College's Shared Governance system is a mechanism for developing, evaluating and recommending changes in College-wide policies or procedures. The College's two governance Councils generally focus upon matters related to curriculum and assessment, long-range plans, student support, use of physical resources, budgeting priorities, technology plans and professional training and development.
The Shared Governance process utilizes the collective intelligence of the College community in planning and decision-making and fosters confidence that extends to all other areas of responsibility within the institution (e.g., departments, programs and units). The Board of Trustees has final approval authority for policies, and the President approves procedures.
Documents & Resources
- Shared Governance Model November 2018
- Columbus State Policy Template (Word)
- Columbus State Procedures Template (Word)
- Shared Governance Item Submission Form
- General Education Course Review Process