Register for Autumn Semester Now
Don't let anything stop your progress toward your goals! Columbus State is here to help you keep moving forward without interruption. It’s what we do – provide exceptional education and student support in person, at a distance, or combination of both.
What You Need to Know
- Autumn Semester registration is now open. Current students can register on CougarWeb. Incoming students, please visit cscc.edu/getstarted for next steps.
Autumn will be Remote: Student instruction and services will remain primarily remote for Autumn semester. Some exceptions will be made for in-person instruction and support when remote options are insufficient. Limited in-person student support services will return this fall, including some Student Central functions and computer lab access. The fall class schedule is being updated to reflect how each class section will be delivered so students can plan and schedule accordingly.
- File your 20-21 FAFSA by July 17 for priority processing: fafsa.gov.
- The physical Bookstore location will remain closed for the start of Summer Semester. Students can purchase all course books and supplies through the Bookstore website. All online purchases will ship free of charge until July 31.
- FAFSA Priority Deadline: July 17
- Fill out your FAFSA at fafsa.gov
- Fee Payment Deadline: August 26
- Autumn Semester Begins: August 31
Classes are marked in CougarWeb to indicate how they will be held:
Live Online: Held online, with required attendance at specific times via a virtual chat/meeting platform.
Other Technology: Held online without specific virtual chat/meeting times.
Lecture or Lab: Held on-site at the designated location (e.g. Columbus Campus)
Many students found their educational plans disrupted due to the coronavirus pandemic. We're here to help you pick up where you left off and keep moving toward your degree.
If you attend another school, you can enroll in classes – for summer or any semester – as a transient student at Columbus State, and earn credit that easily transfers back to your home institution. Use our streamlined process to apply and register as a transient student.
Welcome to Columbus State! You’ve chosen the very best place to start a degree and/or train for a career. Use this checklist to help you get ready to start either summer or autumn:
- Follow the Get Started Guide to apply for the college.
- Contact Admissions to make sure you have completed all the steps needed to be in “Ready to Register” status.
- Attend New Student Workshop or meet with New Student Advising to schedule classes.