Short-Term Training Long-Term Rewards
Start a new career with no-cost, short-term job skills training through Columbus State.
Reset your career path with fully funded, hands-on programs through Columbus State’s neighborhood-based Accelerated Training Centers. We’ll get you job ready cultivating the technical, environmental and leadership skills you need toward a successful and meaningful career.
Whether you want to reignite your job prospects, upgrade your employable skills, or improve your English or digital literacy, we can help. Contact us today to get started!
Accelerated Training Programs
- Two-week training.
- Build skills to work in call center customer service, member service and sales support roles.
- Start employment at $16-$24 an hour, with potential to grow your salary to $60,000 a year and up.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Six-week training.
- Build skills to work in warehouse operations, both on the floor and behind the scenes.
- Start employment at $16-$25 an hour, with potential to grow your salary to $70,000 a year and up.
Manufacturing and Production
- Four-week training.
- Build skills to work in modern manufacturing environments.
- Start employment at $18-$26 an hour, with potential to grow your salary to $70,000 a year and up.
Is Accelerated Training right for me?
- Don’t have a plan to get ahead at work
- Are struggling to secure employment, or
- Need assistance recovering from a pandemic-related layoff
Columbus State's Accelerated Training programs can help. We'll give you the skills you need to:
- Get a stable income
- Connect with hiring managers, and
- Start on a rewarding career path.
No-cost job skills training in your neighborhood. We’re bringing our programs to you by partnering with community organizations across Central Ohio. And we’re offering all training classes at no cost to participants. If you bring the commitment, we’ll cover the rest.
Short-term results. We know that you need to start earning wages and building your resume as soon as possible. In a short amount of time, you can gain valuable skills that will make you more attractive to key employers.
Individualized coaching and support. If you’re not sure which program is right for you, don’t worry. We’ll help you find your best fit with individualized coaching from day one. We’ll also connect you with job placement resources, and help you with resume writing and interviewing.
English and computer literacy support available
If limited English or basic computer skills are holding you back, don't worry.
We can connect you with customized no-cost support, so that you can advance into accelerated training at the pace that works for you.
Bridging the gap to fill open jobs
Companies across Central Ohio have open jobs with opportunities for advancement they can’t fill due to their inability to connect with skilled talent. Meanwhile, many workers lack the basic skills needed to become eligible for these in-demand jobs.
To solve both problems, Columbus State is creating Accelerated Training Centers in partnership with community organizations and local employment agencies to offer no-cost job training that can be completed in a matter of weeks.
By enrolling in one of the short-term programs offered through our Accelerated Training Centers, you can quickly become qualified for a skilled position in a growing field. You’ll also learn successful interviewing techniques and tips for high workforce performance. Along every step, you’ll receive individualized support with coaching and job placement assistance.