Mike Stancil Book Scholarship
The Mike Stancil Book Scholarship provides textbook money for degree-seeking students
who are enrolled in classes at Columbus State. There are scholarships for full-time
and part-time Columbus State employees who are students, as well as students who are
not employees. All majors are eligible.
Award Amount-- $250 for each award
Donations are accepted, including payroll deductions if you wish to give a dollar
a week, or more. For more information, see Employee Giving.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be full-time or part-time students at Columbus State;
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours at Columbus State;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- Submit a one-page personal statement describing their academic and career goals, as
well as the potential impact this scholarship would have on them.
College Credit Plus students are not eligible.
How to Apply:
Scholarships are available every semester, including summer. Please go to cscc.edu/services/financial-aid/scholarships.shtml.
Applications are accepted during the following time periods:
- Autumn Semester- Apply April through June.
- Spring Semester- Apply during October.
- Summer Semester- Apply during February.
Please note that students who have already received this scholarship will not be re-awarded
and may not reapply.