GED Preparation Courses
Our program is designed to help students improve their math and language arts skills in preparation for the GED® test, Accuplacer exam, or employment assessments. We are committed to teaching students at their correct level rather than using the “one-room schoolhouse” approach used by many other programs. Students complete a brief math and reading assessment and enroll in classes appropriate to their academic skill level.
- Classroom instruction in math and language arts
- Small class sizes ensure individualized attention
- Preparation for the GED® test
- Preparation for college entrance exams or workplace aptitude tests
- College enrollment information and assistance
- Academic advising
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills to improve workplace success
See our GED® brochure for detailed information, including placement test info, step-by-step registration process, and more.
Our classes are taught by experienced instructors trained in adult education who have a passion for teaching.
- We are now offering morning and evening classes.
- Language Arts classes provide instruction in reading, writing, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Math classes are designed to build skills in number functions, multi-step word problems, algebra and geometry.
- Homework, midterms and final exams are an integral part of each class.
Classes are designed for students who are 15* or older and are:
- Motivated to do whatever it takes to earn their GED®
- Preparing for a college entrance exam or college-level coursework
- Looking to improve their literacy and/or math skills to open up career opportunities
*Be aware, the Ohio GED® testing program requires all test-takers under the age of 19 to submit additional paperwork to be eligible to take the exam. Details and copies of the forms are available at the following web address: