College Credit Plus Testing
Columbus State has temporarily suspended in-person placement testing because of the health risks during COVID-19. Instead, the College is using alternative methods to place students in the best-fit courses for their academic success.
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS/DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS:
Student eligibility for the College Credit Plus program is determined in one of the
- Students with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to participate in the College Credit Plus program. After a student completes the College Credit Plus application, their high school counselor will be asked to provide Columbus State with this information.
- ACT and/or SAT scores may be used to determine student eligibility for College Credit Plus. If a student has taken the ACT or SAT within the last two years, please see below on how to have official scores sent to Columbus State. Once scores are received by the college, they will be reviewed to determine if they meet the eligibility score thresholds set by the state of Ohio.
Must be sent directly from the American College Testing database. Visit act.org, click on "Register, view scores and more" and follow the prompts to request that your scores be sent to Columbus State (College Code: 3261).
Must be sent directly from the College Board. Visit sat.org and click on "Send scores to colleges" and follow the prompts to request that your scores be sent to Columbus State (College Code: 1148).
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT within the last two years, please contact your school counselor to see if they are offering Columbus State's placement tests on-site at your school. Due to the health risks associated with COVID-19 Columbus State testing centers are currently closed.
- If you have earned English or math credit at another college or university, please send the unofficial transcript from that institution to email@example.com.
- If you have earned English or math Advanced Placement (AP) credit, please email your AP score report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once eligibility for College Credit Plus has been confirmed, students will be sent an email with next steps.