College Credit Plus Testing
PLACEMENT TESTING IS LOCATED IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
COLUMBUS CAMPUS: Madison Hall, Room 202
DELAWARE CAMPUS: Moeller Hall, Room 157
DUBLIN REGIONAL LEARNING CENTER, Room 311
Appointments are required. Click here to schedule your New Student Placement Assessment.
Virtual Placement Testing appointments are available on Fridays between 10:00 am and 2:30 pm for students who live outside of central Ohio (45 minutes from the Columbus or Delaware campuses). Students with extenuating circumstances may also be given consideration.
Approval is required. Click here to submit your request.
ESL PLACEMENT TESTING DEADLINE FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2023 IS MONDAY, August 14, 2023.
We recommend that testing be completed by August 1, 2023.
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS/DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS:
Student eligibility for the College Credit Plus program is determined in one of the
- Students with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to participate in the College Credit Plus program. After a student completes the College Credit Plus application, their high school counselor will be asked to provide Columbus State with this information.
- ACT and/or SAT scores may be used to determine student eligibility for College Credit Plus. If a student has taken the ACT or SAT within the last two years, please see below on how to have official scores sent to Columbus State. Once scores are received by the college, they will be reviewed to determine if they meet the eligibility score thresholds set by the state of Ohio.
Must be sent directly from the American College Testing database. Visit act.org, click on "Register, view scores and more" and follow the prompts to request that your scores be sent to Columbus State (College Code: 3261).
Must be sent directly from the College Board. Visit sat.org and click on "Send scores to colleges" and follow the prompts to request that your scores be sent to Columbus State (College Code: 1148).
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT within the last two years and/or do not meet the state's 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement, you may take Accuplacer reading and writing tests online to attempt to qualify for College Credit Plus.
- If you have earned English or math credit at another college or university, please send the unofficial transcript from that institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have earned English or math Advanced Placement (AP) credit, please email your AP score report to email@example.com.
Once eligibility for College Credit Plus has been confirmed, students will be sent an email with next steps.