In order to prepare for your orientation session, you must complete the following tasks:
Apply to Columbus State
NOTE: If you have applied to CSCC before as a CCP or traditonal student, you do not need to re-apply
Managing your finances is one, if not the most, important step before attending orientation
Review: the tuition and fees page
File: 2023 - 2024 FAFSA at studentaid.gov
Apply: for scholarships
Connect: with the Cashier's Office about questions about finances before orientation
Complete placement requirements by doing one or more of the following:
- Completing Columbus State placement testing
- Submitting ACT score reports
- Submitting SAT score reports
- Submitting AP score reports
- Submitting IB score reports
- Submitting previously earned college credit
- Submitting your high school transcript
- Submitting your GED transcript
NOTE: You may also submit an unofficial copy for placement purposes of any of the above to email@example.com but keep in mind, an official copy of the reports above must be on file. This excludes placement testing.
Discover your Columbus State username and Cougar ID number, and create your password
- Go to password.cscc.edu
- Select "Discover/Activate,"
- Enter the required information.
Access your Columbus State student email account to receive important information regarding:
- Dates and Deadlines
- Class and instructor information
- Events on campus
Instructions on how to access your student email account:
- Visit cscc.edu
- Click on "Email" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on "Email Office 365".
- Enter your CSCC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Password (same as CougarWeb)
If you need assistance, please contact the IT Support Center at 614-287-5050.
Register for your Orientation!
In order to receive your invitation to orientation, you will need to:
- Have placement information on file for reading, writing, and math
- Access your Columbus State student email account for your invitation
Note: Students who do not have a laptop or tablet and broadband internet should register for an in-person session. If students have additional questions about registration, please contact us at email@example.com