In order to start the semester successfully, please complete the following items after orientation:
[ ] Finalize Financial Aid
- Continue to check your Financial Aid Self -Service for updates on missing documentation, verification, and disbursement.
- If you are selected for Verification, be sure to submit all paperwork by the Verification Priority Deadline.
- Your awarded financial aid will disbursed to your account ten days before the start of the semester. If there is a balance due after financial aid has been applied, alternative payment arrangements will need to be made by the student before the fee payment deadline. Students who are first time Direct Loan borrowers at Columbus State will need to complete Temporary Funding as loans will not be disbursed until 30 days after the start of the semester.
- After financial aid is disbursed and providing there is a credit balance, a Bookstore credit will be available. Five weeks into the semester all remaining financial aid will be disbursed. Credit balances will be refunded to the student by the Cashiers & Student Accounting Office. Students without direct deposit will receive a check in the mail. If you expect to receive a refund, please sign up for direct deposit to expedite the processing of your refund.
- If you have questions, please contact our Financial Aid team directly here.
[ ] Pay Your Bill
- The payment deadline for Tuition and Fees for Autumn 2022 is Wednesday, August 24, 2022. Students who do not pay by this date or enroll in a payment plan will be removed from all classes for non-payment.
- If you wish to enroll in the Extended Payment Plan to help simplify your college finances, please review the important deadlines. Additionally, Columbus State offers a Payment Deferral Option which will defer your payment to be due several weeks into the term for a fee.
- If you have questions about paying your bill, please contact Cashiers and Student Accounting here.
[ ] Check Your Columbus State Email Daily
- Prior to the beginning of classes, it is recommended that students should check their Columbus State email account at least several times per week.
- Once classes begin, students should check their email daily and respond to emails in a timely fashion.
[ ] Purchase Books
- Students should consult with their course instructors for textbook requirements.
- Required course books and other materials may be purchased through the Columbus State Bookstore.
[ ] Tell us about why you’re excited to attend CSCC and show your CSCC pride