$1,000 Scholarships for Certificates
Scholarships are available for students entering select certificate programs, including the Nurse Aide Certificate (STNA) and Patient Care Assistant Certificate.
Scholarships are open to students who haven’t started coursework or paid fees yet.
We offer a number of certificates through the Nursing Certificate Programs. Some provide entry-level credentials. Others are aimed at helping Nurses expand their credentials.
Prospective students interested in taking Nursing Certificate (NURC) Courses at Columbus State should follow the Get Started Guide to become a Columbus State Student. Standards Essential for Nursing Students are required in order to be considered for admission into a nursing certificate program.
Nurse Aide Training Program Certificate (NURC 1001)
This one-class certificate (NURC 1001) qualifies students to be eligible to take the state test for nurse aides. The Nurse Aid Training Program (certificate) is approved through the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Students must complete this course with a grade of "C" or better within the last 5 years, or receive N Credit as a State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) within the last five years in order to be eligible for admission to the Nursing Programs. More information
Patient Care Assistant: Acute Care Focus (NURC 1003)
A student completing this course will be able to:
- Define the role and responsibilities of a patient care assistant (PCA) in an acute and/or a skilled care setting
- Communicate effectively in the health care setting
- Demonstrate the principles of medical and surgical asepsis
- Demonstrate the principles of safe patient care in an acute care setting
- Demonstrate basic care skills necessary for diverse populations in specialized areas
Complementary Care Certificate (Selected combination of NURC 1170, 1171, 1172 or PNUR 1201)
A student completing the Complementary Care Certificate will be able to:
- Define terms associated with complementary care practices.
- Identify the different types of complementary care practices.
- Discuss the use of complementary care methods for health maintenance.
- Discuss the role of research in the evaluation of complementary care.
Train the Trainer Certificate (NURC 1250)
This course is approved through the Ohio Department of Health.
A student completing the Train the Trainer Certificate will be able to:
- Teach, coordinate, and supervise a Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Meet the requirements established by the Ohio Department of Health.