Current Honors Students
Spring 2021 POD Meeting Dates
|Jan. 29||Feb. 26||Apr. 2||April 23
|BPS||Jan. 29||Feb. 26||Mar. 12||April 23
|Humanities/Social Science/Education||Jan. 29||Feb. 19||Mar. 12|| April 23
|Business||Jan. 29||Feb. 19||Mar. 26||April 23
All Meetings are scheduled for 1-2 PM
Spring 2021 Course Offerings
|BIO 1113||Biological Sciences I||M Saelzler||Live Online|
|CHEM 1172||General Chemistry II||K Rippe||Live Online|
|ECON 2201||Principles of Macroeconomics||S Abdel-Gawad||Live Online|
|ENGL 2261||Introduction to Fiction||S Logan||Blended-Live Online|
|HIST 1152||American History Since 1877||P Graves||Live Online|
|PHIL 1130||Ethics||E Velez||Live Online|
|PSY 2340||Human Growth & Dev||M Lewis||Blended-Live Online|
|SOC 1101||Introduction to Sociology||I Petten||Live Online|
Honors Student Handbook
Honors Graduation Requirements
Honors Program members who complete their studies at Columbus State Community College and meet the following qualifications become eligible for final Honors Program acknowledgement on transcripts and/or diplomas as well as recognition at graduation:
- Earn an Associate Degree at Columbus State Community College while an active member.
- Earn an A or B in at least fifteen (15) credit hours of Honors courses (including
Honors versions of COLS 1100 and ENGL 1100*).
- * Students who have already earned credit for COLS 1100 and/or ENGL 1100 prior to entering the Honors Program will have this requirement waived; however, these students will still be required to complete 15 hours of honors-level coursework to receive recognition as an "Honors Graduate."
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in all college-level coursework.
- Attend a minimum of six (6) Honors Program sanctioned events and/or service activities.
In extreme circumstances, adjustments to these requirements may be approved at the sole discretion of the OAA Honors Committee.